Chapter 702

Matt's POV: After getting a little close in bed, I smiled because me and Gabby were now just relaxing together while the babies continued to sleep in bed. Meanwhile, Louie was downstairs having some lunch with the family. I was just glad the Kelly came up here instead of Natalie. Kelly already knows how much me and Gabby love being all over each other so...he wasn't completely shocked when he found us in bed after having a quickie. We decided to not get dressed though so, I was just wearing my boxers while Gabby wore the (sexy) nightie I loved.

But this time alone was not going to waste. Since we got close to each other, it gave us a minute to just talk. And it also gave me a minute to give Gabby the gift I was going to give her on the day of our vow renewal. I decided to do it so that I could cheer her up. I just hoped that she accepted it because I still wasn't sure whether she would be okay considering how expensive the necklace was. Going to grab it out of my side drawer, I went to grab the TV remote that Gabby was holding before going to pause the TV show. "Hey! I was watching that." I then smiled at her.

"Listen, I know this is probably not the right time to do this but...I have a gift for you. I was going to give it to you on the day of our vow renewal. However, I can tell that recently you have been down...so I was thinking of giving it to you today so that you have something to look forward to wearing on the day of our vow renewal." Gabby nodded at me when I said that and was a little shocked. "Wow, I didn't even expect that. Babe, I already said that the new ring was enough. By the way, I still love it. I haven't taken it off since you re-proposed to me in Indiana."

I nodded when she said that and smiled at her. "Well, I got you these for the vow renewal." Going to give the little box (that also came with the new wedding ring)...Gabby just grabbed it and looked at me. "Babe, I meant it when I said that my ring was enough." I then smiled at her. "Just open the box." Gabby then nodded as she went to open the box I gave her. That's when she saw what it was. It was the matching pair of diamond earrings.

Gabby smiled as she turned to look at me when she saw them

Gabby smiled as she turned to look at me when she saw them. "Matt, these earrings are gorgeous." I nodded and smiled at her. "They are part of the set that go with your new ring. They are going to be perfect when we do our vow renewal. I just wanted you to have them because I didn't expect to have to hide them as long as I am going to have to now that we had to delay our vow renewal. And I was tired of lying to you about why you couldn't look in my side drawer." Gabby smiled when I said that before going to grab my hand.

She then intertwined our fingers and just looked at me before going to kiss me softly. "You know that this is amazing right?" I nodded and smiled at her. "You want to try them on or do you just want to wait for the wedding to wear them?" That's when I heard Kelly walk in with some water for us. "What is she going to wait until the wedding to wear?" He then looked at me. "Seriously?" I knew that he could tell that I was just wearing my boxers and sighed. "We just made out." Gabby turned to look at me when I said that and just sighed. 

Severide then looked at the box that I just gave to Gabby and smiled. "Decided to give them to her before the wedding eh?" I nodded and smiled. "I was going to let it slip if I waited another 10 days...so I would rather just tell her instead of lying to her." Gabby smiled when I said that before nodding as she looked at Severide. "Severide, can you put the food down and then go grab me the little mirror I have on my dresser? I am going to put them on and keep them on. I normally keep my earrings on all the time anyways...they might as well be these."

Severide nodded and smiled when she asked him that. He then went to grab it for her before walking back over to her and going to give her the mirror. Going to grab the earrings from the box, Gabby smiled as she went to put them on. I just watched as she did it because I knew that no matter what...she was going to look gorgeous wearing them. I then decided to help a bit and just smiled at Gabby when she finally got them on. Looking in the mirror, she smiled. "Baby, these are gorgeous." She then turned to look at me and smiled.

I smiled when she said that. "I thought of you the minute that I saw them so...I knew that I had to buy them." Gabby smiled when I said that before leaning in and going to kiss me softly. "I love you." I smiled and agreed with her. "Thanks for lunch Severide. Just please don't tell anybody about the gift yet okay?" He nodded and agreed with me. "Of course man. Have fun for the rest of the day." I laughed and agreed with him when he said that before going to grab the lunch that he brought upstairs for us. "We can just cuddle and watch TV after."

Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled as she went to grab some lunch at the same time as me.