Chapter 718

"Let's hope our gamble here is good luck." -Jay Halstead
"What?" -Erin Halstead
"Babe, this is a casino hotel..." -Jay Halstead

Erin's POV: When Jay reminded me that this was a casino hotel, I finally got the joke and just shook my head. Of course he would make a joke like that. I mean, he is a dad now and that is definitely one of the worst dad jokes that I have heard in a long time. Looking up at him, I smiled. "Babe, I hate to say this but...that was really bad. You are definitely starting to make dad jokes." Jay just shook his head when I said that before going to rub my arm and kiss her forehead. "I knew that laugh was fake." I looked up at him and just sighed. "Sorry babe."

Jay nodded when I said that and just smiled at me. "I get it. Sometimes, I am just not that funny." I sighed and went to kiss his chest. "We are doing the right think right? I mean, I just want to make sure Jay that this isn't going to be too much for us. Or you in particular. Babe, what if your PTSD takes a turn and it gets worse?" Jay sighed when she said that before going to look down at her. "Erin, I am not going to be fine." I nodded and agreed with him when he said that. 

Kissing his chest again, I agreed with him. "You can just remember that I am always going to be here right...even if I am pregnant." I agreed with Jay when he said that before just taking a breath. "I am just getting worried aren't I?" Jay nodded when I said that before going to kiss my forehead. "By the way...speaking of the Casino, are we going to gamble here or would you rather not?" I looked up at him and just laughed. "You just said that you want another baby...and you want to go and gamble our money?" Jay then thought about that and bit his lip. "That's stupid."

I then sighed when he said that. "Jay, stop calling yourself stupid. You are not stupid...you just need to bite your tongue sometimes. You need to think about what you are saying. Basically, it's like you biting your tongue when you are around the kids so that you don't swear around them..." Jay then smirked when I said that. "Of course, the exception to that rule is when we are in bed. Then the no swearing around the kids go out the window because my wife so dang sexy!"

Jay then went to wrap his arm around me and smiled as he went to kiss me softly. "God, I love you so much. Now listen, how about we just relax now and maybe we can take a shower together? As much as I love holding you naked in my arms...these sheets are not agreeing with my ass. They are not very comfortable and I would rather go take a shower so that I can put some boxers on." I nodded when he said that and smiled at him. "That shower is really nice. Or are we going to use the bath?" Jay then smirked at me. "I want to take a bath. More relaxing."

I nodded and smiled when he said that before going to get up, grabbing my towel. "I am going to start it for us. Come and join me okay?" Jay nodded and smiled when I said that before going to walk away so that he can start the bath for us. Meanwhile, I went to just put my hand on my stomach and thought about the possibility that I was pregnant...that would be amazing because there is nothing more than I want than to give Jay a large family.