Chapter 605

Matt's POV: As me and Gabby finished driving to the firehouse with the triplets, I smiled when I saw Severide standing at the end of the driveway just liked I asked him to be. Getting out of the van, I smiled at him. "Why exactly do you need me down here to welcome my Chief back?" I laughed when he said that. "You are going to be a good uncle and help me bring the kids in." I then went to open the door to the van and smiled at Hannah. "Hi princess." I then went to rub her cheek and smiled at her. That's when Severide went to go grab her car seat.

Slapping his hand, I stopped him. "Not her. That's my job." Gabby laughed when I said that. I then went to grab the diaper bag and my personal bags before Severide. "Here, this is for trying to grab MY DAUGHTER's car seat so that you could bring her inside. Grab Andy please." Severide looked at me when I said that. "Well, that seems just right." I nodded when he said that and agreed with him. "I think this is the first time we've been here Gabby since we've had the triplets." Gabby nodded when I said that and then bit her lips. "Triplets and here..."

I then looked at her when I said that before going to wrap my arm around her. "Hey, just take a breath and relax. You are fine. You are going to relax upstairs and I am going to be there as much as possible." That's when I saw that the trucks weren't there. "Where are the trucks?" Severide then laughed. "Last shift went to go top them up." I agreed with him when he said that. Walking up the driveway together, I smiled when he said that. Walking into the garage, I just looked at Gabby as we prepared to walk up to our apartment (with Severide) when I heard trucks.

Seeing a couple trucks rush into the garage, I was confused. "What the hell?" I then turned to look at Severide. "Severide, go help Gabby bring the kids upstairs. Gabby, do you trust the kids up there?" Gabby nodded. "Get them set up and come back down. I am scared." Gabby nodded when I said that before going to walk away with Gabby. Meanwhile, I went to set my bags down by the door and yelled. "Hey!" That's when I saw FBI agents get out of the trucks and just went to get to work. "I said HEY!" The FBI agent then turned to look at me. "Can I help you?"

I nodded. "Yeah, you can tell me what your trucks are doing where my firetrucks are about to go." He then looked at me. "Get me your chief and then I will talk to you." I looked at him. "Battalion Chief Matthew Casey, can I assist you?" He then sighed and went to get his badge out. "Special Agent Nick Rearden, FBI..." That's when I heard a familiar voice come out. "Rearden, I got this. I know him personally." Rearden then turned to look at Sofia and just looked confused. "How exactly?" Sofia then walked over to me. "Brother-in-law." I agreed and went to hug her.

I then went to look at Rearden. "And I remember you from last time you hijacked my firehouse." Rearden then looked at me. "Wait, you were the Captain at 51. Where's Boden?" I then sighed. I was about to answer when Sofia did for him. "Rearden, this is my brother-in-law Battalion Chief Matthew Casey. His former Chief died recently." Rearden then looked at me and nodded. "I am so sorry Chief." I agreed with him and went to shake his hand. "Just to let you know, you are going to recognize my guys here. Firehouse 51 merged to create this house."

Rearden agreed with me. "So, you already know how this is going to work." That's when I heard Stella walk in. "Casey, what's with the garages not opening?" I then looked at Stella. "You remember Agent Rearden with the FBI?" He agreed with me and nodded. "Oh and it's Chief Casey while we are with the FBI please." He nodded when I said that. I then went to look at the entire firehouse as they walked in. "Everybody, gather around. These are Special Agents Rearden, Sofia and Pedro Golanzo. The last two are also my in-laws." They both laughed.

Stella then looked at me. "Heck of a way to come back." I nodded when he said that. "Of course, we will talk about that another time. Firehouse 71, can you all please get changed and then go to the meeting room? I am going to talk to Sofia and she can tell me what's up." She agreed with me and nodded when I said that. Meanwhile, Firehouse 71 went to walk away so that I could talk to the agents alone. Looking at them, I smiled. "Okay, so why exactly do you need my firehouse?" Rearden then sighed. "Drug dealer across the street, tied to Mexico."

I then went to look at Sofia. "This related to the case that you used to work with Jay, Erin and Antonio before Voight died?" She nodded when I asked her that. "Yeah, drug dealers...fake COVID vaccines and stuff. We were going to do the case from Washington. But with the re-immergence of cases here again, we need to figure it out. We are actually now wondering whether the drugs are actually the real disease that are being injected into the recipients." I then sighed when she said that before going to look at Sylvie. "Sylvie come over here."

I then turned to look at the firehouse. "Everybody, get changed and then briefing room. Sofia, you obviously know who Sylvie is." Sofia nodded and smiled. "Antonio spoke to me about you. How are you Sylvie?" Sylvie smiled. "Good. Now, what do you need Chief?" I then sighed. "I need you to be careful and you need to listen to her. Meanwhile, I am going to go help Gabby get set up upstairs in our apartment. Just curious, should I call HQ and ask them to shut the house down?" Rearden nodded when I said that. "No, just respond from the driveway." 

I agreed with him. "Can I at least get my Jeep out of here?" He then nodded when I said that. Going to walk over to the Jeep, I went to go pull it out next to the trucks so that it was with them whenever we needed to respond to calls. God, what a great day to come back to work.