Chapter 616

Matt's POV: Once me and Gabby finished making our way home, I sighed as I got undressed and just went to put my uniform in the laundry. Going to sit in bed, I wasn't in the mood to go anywhere after having just let the CFD down and basically ruined one of their firehouses. And worst of all, it was the firehouse where I was based on a regular basis. Laying down in bed while just wearing my boxers...I didn't want to talk to anybody because of how bad I felt. However, Gabby wasn't going to let me just sit around and mope. "Okay, we are at least going to talk okay? I get you don't want to see your mom and want to just be alone but babe...I am not going to let you just sit up here all alone and wallow in your grief. You are going to talk to me right now."

I sighed when Gabby said that before going to turn my head to look at her. Seeing her come to join me in bed, I just sighed when she decided to get undressed like me so that she was just wearing the hot lingerie that she was wearing at the firehouse. "God, you are really going to try and make me feel better aren't you?" Gabby nodded when I asked her that. "Yes, because that is my job as your wife." Getting in bed with me, Gabby then came to crawl over to me. Moving into my lap, Gabby then went to cuddle up to me while laying down on my chest. Kissing her forehead, I sighed as I went to kiss her forehead. "How are you doing Matt? Talk to me babe."

I sighed when Gabby asked me that. "I failed the CFD today. I let one of their own properties burn down in a fire. Even worse, it was my own firehouse. What type of Battalion Chief does that." Gabby nodded and just went to rub my chest while holding me close. "A chief that is under a lot of stress right now. Matt, we have 6 kids and you are grieving for your former co-worker. This is just like how it was when we lost Boden, Shay, Otis and Andy." I sighed when Gabby said that and agreed with her before going to kiss her forehead. "I just feel like I let the CFD down. It was my job to make sure that house didn't go up in flames...but then it did." Gabby just shook her head when I said that before going to rub my chest again. "Stop saying that Matt."

I sighed when she said that but just decided to listen to her because I knew that she was probably right when it came to what I should do. I then went to kiss her forehead while just holding her close. "Are your moms okay with watching the kids for a while. I am not sure how long I am going to need to just stay in here." Gabby nodded when I said that before going to kiss my chest. "Matt, you are grieving. I told them how attached you were to this house. It was like another one of your children. They completely understood and they are here for us. They said that they are going to help take care of the kids as long as we need them to okay babe?"

I agreed with her and sighed when I said that. "By the way, I am really sorry for having to interrupt the fun we were having in the bedroom." Gabby laughed when I said that and agreed with me. "It's okay Matt. You needed to go." I agreed with her and nodded when she said that. I then went to kiss her forehead one last time before wrapping my arm around her back. Leaning down, I went to kiss her slowly and just smiled at her. "Want to continue where we left off?" Gabby laughed when I said that before going to roll over onto her back. "You talking about us getting close in bed?" I then nodded and agreed with her while rolling over on top of her.

Gabby smirked when I did that before going to tug my lips down to hers. "I am yours if you want me Matt. We have time and the door is locked." I nodded when she said that and smiled at her. "God, this is crazy that we are even thinking about this." Gabby just looked at me and smiled. "Matt, we all grieve in our own ways. You just lost your project. Take the time to grieve with me. Anyways, I am quite hormonal." I laughed when she said that and agreed with her. Going to take off her bra, I smirked as I went to set it aside before kissing her again. "And you are positive that you told our moms not to disturb us." Gabby nodded when I said that and agreed with me. "I told them we were going to take a bath together after a bit of time in bed." I then laughed.

I looked at her when she said that and smiled. "So basically, they know that we are having sex right now?" Gabby bit her lip when I said that and nodded. "Are you going to not take me in your arms while we make love to each other?" I smiled and agreed with her before going to move my hands to her underwear. Going to take them off, I smirked as I brought her against my chest before taking off my boxers. "God, I love you so much." Gabby smiled when I said that and agreed with me as we started to take it slow with each other after a hard day at work.