Chapter 721

Matt's POV: Once I finished drawing the layout of the house, I went to take another bite of the snack that Antonio brought us before going to look at Gabby. "Okay, can I get the dimensions for the outside?" Gabby then nodded. Giving me the dimensions for the outside wall, I went to write them down. "And the inside walls?" Gabby then went to give me them and I wrote them down for the main floor. Looking at them, I was a little confused because it didn't add up. "Okay, did you give me the numbers without the decimals babe? Some of the walls don't add up."

Gabby then went to look at the drawing. "Oh, the right outside wall isn't 145, it's 14 1/2." I then agreed with her then she sad that. "And the front wall?" She then went to check. "11 3/4." I then went to update it before agreeing with her. "Okay, that makes more sense. Now, the walls on the inside are obviously going to have to add up to this. Insulation has to be on the inside so that takes a bit of room away and then add in the walls. Can I see the drawing to do the inside walls right?" She agreed and went to show me them. I then went to put them in.

I then proceeded to add in where the sinks, etc are located to add in for electrical as well as sewage, water pipes and everything that may need to be hidden in the walls. "Okay, well we have a problem." Gabby then looked at me. "What's the problem?" I then went to point to one of the outside walls. "Since this house is a duplex, it's going to have a common wall with the other house. This wall here is probably where all of the drainage stuff is going to be. So, all the sewage and water pipes are going to be here. At least, they should be since they are sharing it."

Gabby agreed with me. "They have it running on the outside though." I then sighed. "But it would save money if it was in the inside instead of the outside. This way, you only have to run it inside one wall instead of in multiple walls." Gabby agreed with me when I said that. "That makes a lot more sense." I agreed with her before going to update the drawing and moving to write 'Drainage pipes shared? -Check building code' On the updated plans that I am going to send back to the charity. "If people share drainage pipes, it might save they money."

Gabby then thought about it and agreed with me. "That makes sense. Now, what are you thinking for the backyards...are they too big?" I then shook my head. "Nope, I think they are reasonable. But we just need to check whether we are going to offer to have tall fences for privacy or if we are doing short fences. If they are short...then we can save money there. Also, we need to make sure that we follow the property line. I had to renovate a fence in Chicago once and had to go through the process of redoing all of the poles. Wrong spots."

Gabby looked at me when I said that. "Were the property owners mad?" I nodded and sighed when she said that. "Yeah, they were not happy that I had to redo their entire properties. I had to make sure that everything was in the right place so that they weren't in trouble with the city or their neighbors. Then again, it meant that there was more money in my pockets because it cost more to do." Gabby smiled when I said that. "I think I know when that happened." I turned to look at her when she said that before going to wrap my arm around her. "Oh really?"

Gabby then smiled at me. "Must've been before my birthday 2 years ago. You got a really nice suite when you came down for my birthday...it had a great view of the ocean. And then you got us a private supper from a nice chef. That was a great birthday by the way." I smiled and agreed with her when she said that. "Yeah, it was...for the both of us." Gabby laughed and smiled when I said that because she knew what I was talking about. Whenever we came down...we still had fun in bed even though it was risky for us. "Can I ask you something?"

I nodded when she said that. "Of course." Gabby then sighed. "Were you ever scared or have this feeling when you left Puerto Rico that I would tell you I was pregnant a few weeks later? I mean...we did always have sex whenever we were together either here in Puerto Rico or wherever."