Chapter 592

A couple hours later when Louie is asleep:
Matt's POV: As I make my way into the bedroom after cleaning up vomit off my shirt (and putting it in the laundry), I looked at Gabby as she sat in bed. Looking outside the window, I could tell that she had stuff on her mind. Walking over to bed, I decided to sit down next to her. "You want to talk about something?" Gabby then sighed as she turning to look at me. Moving close to me, she went to wrap her arms around my torso before slipping her legs in between mine. "I just need time with you holding me. Been a long first day home with the triplets." I agreed with her.

Kissing her forehead, I just smiled at her. "And you were amazing Gabby. Please promise me that you are not going to think anything other than that." Gabby agreed with me when I said that. Looking up at me, she went to kiss me softly and smiled. "I am just scared we are in over our heads." I nodded when she said that. "Gabby, we are going to be fine. We agreed we wanted a big family. Sure...could the babies have come further apart? Of course. But, I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe you just need to relax in bed with me tomorrow. We were quite busy today."

Gabby looked at me when I said that and nodded. "Yeah, maybe that's what I need." I smiled when she said that before going to kiss her forehead softly. "How are you feeling anyways? I know that you are stressed babe. So please talk to me and let me in." Gabby nodded when I said that. "I guess I am just worried that we are going to make Louie feel like he isn't as important to us as our biological kids are. He is our son but...we don't have that intimate bond that you have when you are genetically related." I sighed when she said that. "Gabby, you are though."

Turning my head, Gabby nodded when I said that. "I think I am just really tired right now Matt. I am sorry if this is not what you wanted for your first day home with 6 kids." I nodded when she said that. "Today was an amazing day. But listen, how about tomorrow...I take Louie and the twins to the park? Give you a bit of a break." Gabby shook her head. "Not yet. But we are going to talk about this right now. I think I am done breastfeeding the twins. I think we need to move them onto formula." I nodded when Gabby said that. "How are you feeling about that?"

Gabby shrugged and just looked at me. "It's a hard decision to make but...I think it's the right one. Did you buy some already?" I nodded and smiled. "Yeah, we have a bunch and I have a grocery order coming in the morning. If I am not here, it's because I am going to wait for it at the door. I asked them to drop it off at 7 so it would be here before Louie woke up." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Can you just double check that you put formula on the shopping list?" I agreed with her before going to roll over in bed. Going to grab my phone, I went to check.

Opening the app, I went to look at the order before checking whether I put baby formula on the order. "Yes, I have some. By the way, we can use it for the triplets too if you want. Gabby, don't be pressured to always breastfeed them." Gabby shook her head when I said that. "No, I am going to keep breastfeeding them for a while okay?" I agreed with her when she said that. "Okay, but can you promise me something?" Gabby nodded when I said that. "Of course." I then took a breath. "If it starts getting too much and you are always tired, you need to really consider it."

Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "Can you just take it slow with me for a while Matt? I know that we should be resting more but...I need you to just hold me for a while." I nodded when she said that. Bending down, I went to kiss her and just smiled at her. "Want to stay up here tomorrow? We did a lot today...and you need to rest." Gabby nodded when I said that before going to cuddle up to me. "I like that idea. And tomorrow, my mom is taking care of Louie. I need a few days where you are concentrating on me, the twins and triplets."

I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "Of course. And that is the plan tomorrow. Now, how about we get to sleep before you get too tired. I love you Gabby and I promise that we are going to figure this out." Gabby nodded when I said that before tugging my lips down to hers. "I love you too. And maybe you can invite Severide over tomorrow? You know he'll love to help you. They want to meet the triplets anyways." I laughed and agreed with her. "The firehouse will help us raise these babies, I already know it." Gabby nodded and smiled. Kissing her quick, I smiled as we just took a bit of time with each other before falling asleep in each other's arms.

Note: I am not going to cover the nighttime feedings.
The triplets woke up at 1:30, 3:30 and 5:30 am to feed.