Chapter 643

Matt's POV: After making my way up to bed with Gabby, I sighed as I decided to just sit in bed and take a breather. That's when I saw Gabby come to give me my water bottle before looking down at me. "I should be the one comforting you instead of it being the other way around." Gabby shook her head when I said that. She then went to lean over me and kissed me softly. "Matt, I am here for you. Please just move over and let me cuddle up to you. You can hold me in your arms and I can make you feel better. We both know holding me always does just that."

I nodded and agreed with her before moving to the middle of the bed. Getting on with me, Gabby laid down close to me. I then proceed with wrap my arm around her back and smiled while going to kiss her forehead softly. "I swear, my sister is going to hate me after I yelled at her like that." Gabby just laughed. "Well, she deserves it. Sorry but if you didn't yell at her like that...I was going to go all Latina on her. And believe me, I do not want to teach our children those swear words yet." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that, kissing her forehead.

"I just can't believe that she would blame you right away. I mean does she not care that this is for my mental health. By the way, I really meant it when I said that I am glad we are here. I feel so free and just relaxed here." Gabby nodded when I said that. "I know baby and I believe you. You feel so much more relaxed because your muscles are a lot less tense and you are just able to talk to me easier. I find that when you are stressed or tense, you don't open up to me as easily." I nodded when she said that and sighed. "And for that, I am really sorry. I don't mean to."

Gabby agreed with me when I said that. She then looked up at me and went to kiss me softly. "Listen, whatever you choose to do when it comes to your sister...just know that I am on your side okay? If you want to stop talking to her...I am not going to argue with you. If you want her not to be at the wedding, we can get her a room and Violet can be here. Or she can go home and your mom can bring her back to Chicago. Matt, this is our life and we need to make the decisions that are best for us and not for our family." I nodded and agreed with her.

I was about to say something when I heard my mom and Violet come upstairs. "Yes, you do Matt. I know we just talked down there but....I need to talk to you more because I want to clear something up with you." I then looked at my mom and Violet. "Me too uncle Matt." I nodded and went to sit up more. They then both went to sit at the end of the bed. "Of course, just relax." Violet then looked at me and sighed. "Uncle Matt, I want to apologize for my mother. She was out of line and we need to support you...whatever that means." I nodded when she said that.

My mom then looked at me. "Matt, you are suffering from mental health problems. You are the only person in this world who can tell people what you need. And if what you need is a fresh start in a new city, in a new state basically...then you need to follow your heart and your gut. You need to do what is best for you and your family. Don't worry about Christie, we already took care of her. And I already told Violet that I will gladly take her on flights with me if you don't want Christie here. She was out of line and I am on your side. Whatever you want, I understand."

I sighed when she said that. "Mom, I hate doing that to you. You shouldn't have to pick between me and...." My mom shook her head. "Matt, there wasn't a choice to be made. You are my son and you are suffering from mental health problems. And you are the one who benefits from this. Don't even think for a minute that Gabby benefits from this. Gabby, you must want him to continue to be at the CFD right?" Gabby then turned to look at me. "I would support Matt in whatever he wants to do." I nodded and smiled when she said that.

My mom just moved close to me and went to grab my hand. "Matt, you are the only one who knows what you need to do when it comes to your health. If you think that you quitting the CFD is the best thing for you...then you need to do it. I would rather you be here in Puerto Rico, safe, healthy and not suffering than working a job where you are suffering on a daily basis. Think about that Matt, you must've been suffering while working those shifts." I nodded and then teared up. "There are a lot of hard calls that people never know about."

Gabby then went to cuddle up to me more. Wrapping my arm around her, I went to kiss her forehead. "And I just can't do it anymore. And I have felt so much better here." My mom nodded when I said that and smiled. "Then Matt, you need to be here. You need to be where you aren't suffering. Matt, you have no idea how much it pains me to hear how much you have been suffering in Chicago. And to hear that your mental health has deteriorated so much that you are at risk of being put on permanent disability.." I was about to interrupt me. "Just let me talk."

I nodded and agreed with her. "Hearing that your mental health is in a state where you are at risk of being put on permanent disability breaks my heart. You love serving the citizens of Chicago and you love your job. Sure, we might not understand the mental health part...just how bad it is. And that is why you need to ignore your sister and just think about what's best for you and your family. If that means moving here, then you move here and I will fly back and forth...or I can move here too. Matt, I just want what's best for YOU! That's all a mom wants."

Violet then looked at me. "And it's what I want for you Matt. I wasn't going to say anything but...I can tell that you are suffering. You are not your normal self, if you know what I mean. You have a lot on your plate and you need to think about what's best for you. I want what's best for YOU uncle Matt and I already told my mom this...I am on your side. If your relationship with her is gone, I am moving in with grandma so that I can keep my relationship with you. I am willing to wreck my relationship with my mother because she is in the wrong. You are suffering."

Violet then bit her lip. "I saw the tears and I knew they were real because they came in the moment. Uncle Matt, you don't need this but...you have my blessing to do what you choose when it comes to what is going to help your mental health." I agreed with them both and smiled as I went to get up. Going to hug them both, I just smiled when I saw someone at the door.

"You didn't insult me enough outside? Or do you need to rub it in the wound even more that I am suffering from mental health issues?"