Chapter 611

Matt's POV: Once our bedroom was all set up, I smiled when I saw Gabby sitting in bed with Abby while breastfeeding her. "You want me to grab one of the bottles in the fridge and feed one of the other triplets?" Gabby looked up at me when I asked her that and nodded. "If you have time. If you need to do something with the guys out there, I can take care of it Matt." I then smiled before going to grab a bottle of her breastmilk from the mini fridge we had (and still worked) in there. "Remember, I am your husband first, a dad second and a Battalion Chief last." 

Gabby smiled when I said that and agreed with me. "I like the sound of that." Setting the bottle of breastmilk on my side table, I went to grab Ethan out of his crib so that I could feed him. Carrying him to be with me and Gabby, I smiled as I went to grab the bottle and looked at him. "Hey buddy, how about you let daddy give you a bottle?" Ethan then went to open his mouth for me while I started to feed him. "I've told you that you are natural when it comes to being a dad right babe?" Looking at Gabby, I smiled when she said that. "Believe me, I already know that."

Looking at me, Gabby smiled as she moved to sit up a bit more before leaning in and going to kiss me softly. "Remember babe, I already told you this before...you being cocky is not very attractive. Please stop it before I decided that you are going to go sleep in the bunk room tonight." I looked at her when she said that and nodded because I already knew that she was not joking. When Gabby didn't want to sleep with me in the same bed, she would go to great lengths to make sure that happened. And since I wanted to sleep here tonight, I just shut up.

Gabby smiled at me when I shut up before sitting up and going to kiss me softly. "How do I know exactly what to say when it comes to shutting you up?" I was about to answer when I heard my phone ring. Going to grab it, I saw it was Severide. "Hey man, how are things at 20." Severide then laughed. "We are all set up and I just told dispatch we are all ready. You trust me to act as scene commander instead of you having to always join us at the fires right?" I agreed with him. "Yes, just put Cruz in command of squad for the rest of shift." He agreed with me. "Of course."

I then went to tell him one more thing. "If you need backup on a fire, give me a call. Severide, I am going to appoint you assistant Battalion Chief until further notice so you have the same powers as me. Impress me and it can become permanent." Severide agreed with me when I said that. "Believe me Matt, I am not going to let you down." I agreed with him when he said that. "See you on some of the calls hopefully." He agreed with me before going to hang up. "You are going to go to a few of his first calls aren't you?" I nodded when he said that. "I made the promise to those men's families...he didn't." Gabby nodded ang reed with me. "Yes, you did."

That's when I decided to bend down and kiss her softly. "Listen, let's finish feeding them and then maybe we can relax for a bit okay?" Gabby nodded when I said that and agreed with me as we both continued to feed the triplets that morning.