Chapter 609

Matt's POV: After making my way upstairs to me and Gabby's apartment, I smiled when I saw the babies on our bed while she packed the pack-n-play cribs. Seeing that there was another crib left to put away, I went to grab it and packed it for her. Gabby did it at the same time too and I smiled when our hands brushed. Turning to look at me, she smiled. "Back at 51 eh?" I nodded and agreed with her while she walked over to me. "You already talk to your mom about where she is going to have to bring the kids tonight or...where she needs to go if they need us?"

Gabby nodded when I said that before wrapping her arms around me. Putting my hands on her arms, I smiled as I went to kiss her softly. "I love you." Gabby smiled and agreed with me. "I love you too." I then went to kiss her forehead and smiled at her. "Thanks for understanding that we need to move. You know that this was never want I wanted." Gabby nodded when I said that. "Matt, don't blame yourself. Now, we are going to 51 right?" I agreed with her and smiled. "And I promise to spend time with you guys upstairs in that little apartment." Gabby then smiled.

Backing up, she looked at me. "Your bag is on the bed, can you take one of the cribs as well as my laptop? I also have Abby ready for you." That's when I heard Severide come upstairs. "I just thought about it...want me to bring one of your kids downstairs?" Gabby then looked at me and nodded when he asked us that. "Please, can you just take one of the babies and carry them to our van with Matt? Oh and can you drive the chief's car?" Severide then laughed. "I am not going to 51. I am his deputy at 20." I agreed with him and nodded. Gabby then sighed. "Fine."

I then went to wrap my arm around her and smiled. "Don't worry, I am going to be there when you arrive." Gabby nodded when I said that and smiled at me. "Of course. Now listen, we need to go. I would rather not be here in case the FBI gets attacked." I nodded and agreed with her when she said that. "Luckily we didn't unpack much." Gabby laughed when I said that and agreed with me. Going downstairs first, Gabby just went to carry Ethan with her. Meanwhile, Severide went to grab Andy. "I am taking Andy." I agreed with him and nodded when he said that.

I then went to our kids downstairs while talking to Severide. "So, are you going to try and be at all the scenes that 20 responds to?" I then thought about it. "Depends on where it is. If I am nearby, I will. But I am probably just going to go out with Firehouse 51. You have all my powers." Severide agreed with me when I said that before smiling as we walked down into my office here at the firehouse. That's when I saw Antonio setting up a laptop in my office. "I see you moved into my office here." Antonio looked at me and nodded. "No, Sofia is." I was confused.

"Then where are you going to work?" Antonio then smiled at me. "I am going to be working at Firehouse 51. Sofia and Pedro are going to liaison to me. I am just providing support. I know that Gabby is going to need me there with the triplets if you have to go on a run." I agreed with her and smiled. "Can I just ask if the FBI agents approved of that?" That's when Sofia walked over to us. "Yes, we approved of it. It made sense to me. Plus, Antonio is just our liaison. I told them that I can work from here and liaison to him at Firehouse 51." I agreed with her and smiled.

"Listen...if you need a place to rest, I am going to show you something." She then looked at me and nodded. "That door in my office leads to an apartment. For you and Pedro only." Sofia nodded and smiled when I said that. "Of course, thanks Matt." I smiled when she said that. "You are not leaving Illinois again before we get together and have some glasses of wine. We need to fix our family relationship." Sofia sighed when I said that. "Maybe we can go out to dinner. I think it's best if we do not see Louie." I agreed with her and sighed. "I hate this but, I have to agree."

I then smiled at her. "Listen, as much as I would love to talk...I have an important job that I need to get back to. You already say goodbye to Gabby?" She nodded and smiled when I asked her that. "Yes, I did. Now, you get going to work and we will talk before I leave town okay? And I am going to talk to you at some point today okay Antonio?" Antonio nodded when I said that and smiled at her. "Of course, talk later Sofia." Antonio then smiled as we both went to walk out of the firehouse with Severide. "How are you doing when it comes to going back to Firehouse 51?"

I then laughed when he said that. "It'll be like going home. Now, let's just get going so that we can get our house back online." Antonio nodded and agreed with me when I said that. He then decided to grab one of my bags so that he could help me bring all of the things we need for the kids. And boy was I glad that we still had a mini-bedroom at the firehouse. I would rather sit in there with Gabby and then kids than hand out with everybody else. Heck, maybe I can get comfortable in bed for a while and work on my laptop from in there.