April 17th, 2021

The Next Morning with Matt:
Matt's POV: As I sit in the backyard of our Airbnb, I sigh as I use a notepad that I brought along to refine my vows. I have been trying to come up with the right way to say this. I want to make this perfect for Gabby because this was our big wedding. We haven't had a "real" wedding before and I wanted to make sure that she knew just how she meant to me. I can tell her all I Want but, I want to say it to her in my vows. That's when I got a text from Antonio about Louie. 

'Louie hasn't said anything yet but, I promise to keep you guys in touch. I hadn't even thought about that angle. I promise to you both that things are going to be fine. I'll talk to him.'

I sighed when he said that because that was not what I wanted him to do. I wanted to be the one who personally talked to him. Me and Gabby were his parents and it was our job, not Antonio's to tell him that he was never going to be leaving us. Picking up my phone, I went to set my pen down before starting to send a new text to Antonio.

'If he says anything, you do not talk to him. You give me and Gabby a call. Gabby is his mom and I am his dad. It's not your place to talk to him about this because he needs us to tell him this!'

I then went to set my phone down again so that I could try and write my new vows. However, all I could think about was the topics I wanted to cover. I had no idea what to say because this was not easy. How do you profess your love to the love of your life when your love for her is so strong that it's hard to put into words? God, should I just do traditional vows...what should I say? Should I even address how she is my rock? Well of course I should. That's when I heard Gabby.

"I thought I saw you out here." Turning to look at her, I smiled at her. "Hey." Gabby then walked up to me and went to kiss me softly while moving to sit down next to me. Wrapping my arm around her, I went to hide my notepad because this was a surprise for her. "What's that?" I then turned to look at her and smiled. "My vows that I am writing." She then looked at me. "You having trouble with them. I saw it on your face babe. You are struggling."

I sighed when she said that. "I am going to have them done for the wedding, I can guarantee you that." Gabby agreed with me when I said that. I then went to kiss her forehead and smiled when I got a text from Antonio. Going to grab my phone, I sighed because I didn't want Gabby to read this. "Listen, can you go check for breakfast ideas?" Gabby then looked at me. "Mental health stuff or vows?" I then sighed and looked at her. "I asked Antonio about Louie."

Gabby looked at me when I said that. "Then why do you not want me to read the texts?" I then sighed. "Because I don't want you to get worried about the stuff I am worrying about. It's about what we talked about last night. Until I hear anything that should concern you...I want to keep you isolated from it. You shouldn't have to worry about it because you are pregnant." Gabby sighed when I said that. "You can keep blaming it on the pregnancy. I am his mom babe."

I sighed and agreed with her. "I promise to keep you in the loop okay? I just don't want you to worry about it. I don't want this to be stress on your pregnancy. But the minute I hear something that might be concerning, I promise that I am going to share it with you. That is what I am going to do okay?" Gabby nodded when I said that before going to kiss me softly. She then laid down on my chest and smiled at me. "I am glad you are doing personal vows. I like the idea."

I was about to say something when I got another text from Antonio.

'I promise, you will be the first one I contact if I hear anything concerning.'

I then agreed and went to text him one last time. 'Thx' I then turned to look at Gabby. "He is going to call us if anything he finds concerning comes out of Louie's mouth." Gabby nodded when I said that. "So you are doing personal vows?" I nodded and agreed with her before going to kiss her forehead. "Yes, I think that is the right thing to do considering we have been through so much. It just feels wrong to do the normal vows." Gabby nodded when I said that.

"I am going to have to get to work on my personal vows then." I nodded when she said that before smiling as I turned my head. Kissing her softly, I just smiled because I couldn't wait to hear her vows. "I can't wait to hear the vows that you write for me. Now, are we going to order in for breakfast or do you want to give me a tour of the island?" Gabby then smirked. "We are actually going out for the day. We are going to the charity's Saturday breakfast."

I nodded and agreed with her. "I promise, I am trying to get a job there. I already send them my resume but I haven't heard back yet. We can just volunteer until we get a permanent position." Gabby agreed with me and smiled. "Why do you think we are going today? We are going to have breakfast and then we are going to go to the office to talk to the head of the charity. I want to get your job settled so that you can work there when you are feeling better okay?" I nodded.

"You are not going to push me back to work fast are you?" Gabby shook her head. "Of course not Matt, you take whatever time you need okay? I am here to support you. Still, I want to go see my friends. I packed a nice t-shirt and some jeans for you to wear. Now, get up and put those vows away. We aren't taking a shower...." I then thought about something . "Just curious, did you have morning sickness?" Gabby then bit her lip and I sighed. "Babe..."