March 16th, 2021

The Next Morning Post-Shower
Matt's POV: As I finish taking a morning shower, I smile when I see my princess just woke up in her crib that morning. God, she was so adorable that I couldn't be mad at her for being a diva/a pain earlier this morning. She didn't want to feed properly and then she just was being a pain. But now he face is all smiles and I hate to say this but...I am falling for it already. She has me wrapped around her finger and she knows it. Going to rub her cheek, I smiled at her. "Hi princess, someone really liked it when daddy held her in his arms last night eh?" I then smiled.

That's when I heard Gabby wake up. Looking at her, I smiled as she went to sit up. "You look like you are going somewhere." I shook my head and went to show her that I was wearing sweats. "Just wanted to be comfortable. I am wearing sweat pants so...don't worry. Now, I have already checked with your mom and she is okay with Louie today. I am going to take care of you and the babies. We are going to have a great day with them...I promise." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. Putting her hand out, she wanted me to walk over to her and I gladly obliged.

Moving to sit next to her in bed, I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and then went to grab her hand. Kissing her forehead, I just smiled at her. "5 kids in here with us and they are all still asleep for a minute." Gabby nodded when I said that. "You going to get groceries?" I shook my head. "Nope, they are going to be delivered. We are going to do the formula stuff starting with their next feeding. You have a bit of time before your feeding...at least I think. I am just hoping that they are here soon. I am going to start making a bunch of bottles once they are here."

That's when I heard Gabby's mom at our door. "Sorry to disturb but...I made you both breakfast so that you could rest. Also, the groceries are here. I already brought them in." I smiled when she said that. "Good. That means I can make a bunch of bottles. We have decided to start formula feeding both the twins and triplets since we need to feed so often." Gabby nodded. "Matt, I am going to have breakfast up here. Can you go start making a bunch of bottles? Then you can bring them up here." I nodded when she said that. "Louie is going to your mom's place right?"

Gabby then sighed as she went to look at her mom. "Mom, do you mind watching him? We need time to get used to the fact we have 6 kids. I think we went too fast." I then sighed when she said that before agreeing with her. "Gabby, just take a breath and rest. I am going to get the twins. They can start sleeping up here too. They are quiet. I always listen to the baby monitor and they are really quiet." Gabby nodded when I said that. "And we are going to have to start feeding them baby food. I am sorry but, they are done." I nodded and agreed with her.

"Listen, the triplets are still asleep. How about you roll over and try to sleep? I will go downstairs and make bottles as well as breakfast." Gabby then looked at her mom. "Can you help him mom?" Camila nodded and agreed. "Of course Gabby. C'mon Matt, let's get to work." I laughed when she said that. Walking away, Camila went downstairs. Meanwhile, I went to walk over to Gabby and then leaned over her. Kissing her quickly, I smiled at her. "Everything will be okay. I already texted Severide and Stella. They are coming over so we can hang out up here."

Gabby shook her head when I said that. "No, please Matt. Can it just be me and you? We rushed it tomorrow. I just got home and we had people here right away. That was not a good idea and I am regretting it. Promise me that it will just be me and you today. We need to talk anyways, I am going to try and get Louie into a daycare for during the day. And we are also going to have to wonder if we should have a full-time nanny here. I know we have your mom but, she's a grandmother...not a nanny." Gabby sighed when I said that. "I think we need to look at that."

I agreed with her and nodded. "Listen, I am going to go get your breakfast and talk to Louie. I will be 20 minutes tops. We will be with the twins and triplets today. The twins still sleep a lot so that helps but, we can just cuddle up to them. I promise that we'll figure this out okay Gabby." Gabby nodded when I said that and agreed with me. "Can you pass me Abby? I am going to do a dream feed for her okay? That way, she is fed when you are back." I agreed with her when she said that. Going to pick Abby up from her crib, I smiled before going to kiss her forehead.

"C'mon little miss Abby, let's go give you to mommy so that she can feed you." Gabby smiled when I said that before watching as I carried Abby to her. Going to lay her down next to Gabby, I smiled at her. "Listen, I will make sure that all the groceries are put away. I am also going to put the two other triplets on the bed for you." Gabby nodded when I said that. Going to grab the other two triplets, I went to lay them down on my side of the bed and just smiled at Gabby. "We will figure this out okay? And I am going to call Cindy and Hermann. They love to help."

Gabby smiled when I said that and agreed with me. "Okay, now go make me breakfast." I nodded and agreed with her before going to walk away so that I could go make Gabby breakfast.