High School Imagine: Altercation in the Arcade(Sang-woo and Ali)

TW: Hateful homophobic speech

Ali and Sang-woo was taking a nice peaceful stroll in the park.

"Nice day isn't it my love?" Ali said.

"Yes, yes it is." Sang-woo replied as he held Ali's hand tight. Ali pointed ahead of them to see an arcade.

"Can we go?" Ali asked.

"No, you know how I feel about video games." Sang-woo said.

"You said you liked it the first time I took you there." Ali pointed out.

"Only because I was kicking ass in Dance Dance Revolution." Sang-woo said.

"Well, you can do that again." Ali said.

"Nope, plus I'm in my good outfit and I don't want it to get all sweaty and messed up." Sang-woo said.

"C'mon Woo-woo, pleeeasssseee?" Ali said as he flashed his big puppy eyes. Sang-woo looked away knowing that's his biggest weakness.

"That's...not going to work on me." Sang-woo said not making eye contact with him.

"Then why are you not looking at me?" Ali asked with a smug look on his face. Sang-woo groaned in defeat.

"Fine, we'll go." Sang-woo said making Ali squeal gleefully before picking Sang-woo up and spinning him around. Sang-woo stopped him. "Only for an hour."

"Awww." Ali said pouting. Sang-woo chuckled and ran his fingers through Ali's hair.

"My big baby." Sang-woo thought to himself.

When they got into the arcade, Ali immediately went to the Red Light, Green Light game. Sang-woo couldn't help but smile at Ali's childish nature when it came to video games. He walked up to Ali and pecked his cheek making Ali smile. Sang-woo then heard a scoff along with a pretty derogatory sentence.

"Look at the fag sugar daddy and his little toy." A blonde haired woman said. Sang-woo snapped his head towards the woman who stood there with her hands on her hips. Luckily Ali was too focused on the game to even acknowledge the woman's little comment.

"And look at the Karen bitch talking shit about two strangers." Sang-woo clapped back. The Karen lady rolled her neck back in offense.

"Excuse me but being called a Karen is offensive as being called the N word." The Karen lady said.

"Then say it." Sang-woo said as he crossed his arms. He really wasn't gonna have it out this woman.

"I'm not going to say it!" The Karen lady yelled out.

"If you're bold enough to call me and my boyfriend a fag or a boy toy then you should be bold enough to say the N word and if you can't say it then the N word is worse than being called a Karen." Sang-woo said. The Karen lady rolled her eyes.

"I'm only pointing out what I see!" The Karen lady claimed. "You're not supposed to be here, there are children here!" Ali stopped and turned around to see Sang-woo and the Karen lady arguing then walked towards Sang-woo.

"Sang-woo, is there a problem my love?" Ali asked. Sang-woo didn't say a word but Ali could tell that he has a very pissed off look in his eyes. The Karen lady groaned in disgust at Ali.

"You should be ashamed of yourself young man." The Karen lady said pointing at Ali. "Do you know it's a sin to be in the same bed with the same sex?" Ali was confused.

"Um, I don't believe in God." Ali said confused. The Karen lady then let out this dramatic gasp when Ali said that.

"YOU ARE A SATAN WORSHIPPER!" The Karen lady screeched. This grabbed everyone in the arcade's attention as everything went quiet, minus the game sound effects, and all eyes were on Ali, Sang-woo, and the Karen lady.

"Miss just because I don't believe in God, doesn't mean I worship the devil." Ali said in the most calm voice ever.

"But you're still a sinner for dating a man! It's an abomination!" The Karen lady said. Finally a woman who was wearing the arcade's work uniform came over.

"Excuse me? Is there a problem here?" The lady asked. Before Sang-woo could speak, the Karen lady began yelling and pointing at him and Ali.

"These two are in a kids only place spreading their gayness all over here! They should be removed from here!" The Karen lady said. The female worker stood there confused.

"Um, ma'am this place is for people of all ages so these two men are welcome here and we really can't do anything about them being a gay couple." The female worker said. The Karen lady's face turned a bright red and Ali could've sworn he saw steam come out her ears.

"Bullshit! Where's the manager? This is obscene!" The Karen lady yelled out. Finally a taller but well fit woman came out wearing a blouse and black slacks and judging by the badge she's wearing, she's the manager.

"Is there a problem here?" The manger asked. Before the Karen lady could speak, Sang-woo finally spoke up, cutting her off.

"This lady has been harassing us." Sang-woo said. The Karen lady hissed at him and said,

"Your gayness is not allowed here! You and your fat little fag toy need to leave!" The Karen lady said.

"Enough!" The manager boomed. "You two men are welcome here anytime." The manager then turned to the Karen lady who was pale as a dead corpse. "Lady, what the relationship is between these two men is none of your business number 1. Number 2, only I get to say who stays and who goes and with you, I'm going to have to ask you to leave." The Karen lady began to scream at the manager.

"SO YOU'RE ON THEIR SIDE!? WHAT ARE YOU? A LADY FAG?" The Karen lady screamed out. The female worker tried to get her to calm down only to get bitch slapped by the Karen lady. Sang-woo looked to see Ali's eyes turn black so he grabbed his hand and rubbed it with his thumb in a subtle yet desperate attempt to calm him down. The manager grabbed the Karen lady by her arm and dragged her to the exit, much to the Karen lady's childish dismay. Everyone in the arcade applauded as the manager sighed in frustration. She hugged the female worker tight who was sobbing and had a bright red handprint on the left side of her face.

"Why don't you clock out early?" The manager said. The female worker nodded her head as she went into the "Employees Only" room. "Are you two men alright?" The manager asked.

"Yes miss, thank you." Ali said as he bowed his head. "I just didn't understand what was that woman's damage?"

"I wanted to give her the same treatment she gave that poor worker." Sang-woo said through his teeth.

"Now if you were to do that before she struck, there's a chance you might be behind bars." The manager said. "Society is fucking biased when it comes to justice and equality."

"But thank you miss once again." Sang-woo said as he bowed his head to the manager.

"No problem and how about I throw in 500 tokens, free of charge?" The manager offered. Ali silently squealed and began to jump lightly up and down. Sang-woo chuckled and nodded his head as the manager gave them each a bagful of tokens.

"And hey, from lesbian to you guys...when society says no, be the bullshitter instead of the bull." The manager said. "Meaning don't try to reason or fight with someone who's most likely to react irrationally and try to defuse a situation with snide and smart smack talk."

"Thanks for the advise miss." Ali said as he ran off to go play other games. Sang-woo followed him and rested his head on Ali's back.

"Hey." Sang-woo began. Ali turned his attention to Sang-woo. "I don't care about what anyone say about us or us and Gi-hun or us and Sae-byeok or us and Y/N...all I care about is you guys saying I love you." Sang-woo said as he kissed Ali's nose making him smile.

"Well, I love you Sang-woo." Ali said.

"I love you too." Sang-woo said.

Hopefully there'll be a day where you and the rest will say, "Yes."