Poly-ship Shenanigans: Monster-In-Law-2(Female Reader)

Still May

Ever since Esther came back into the picture, Maggie noticed that Michael's been a bit more distant than ever. Whenever he made eye contact with her, he would look at her as if she was some sorta monster or something. Maggie never knew why and it began to bother her. Mi-nyeo noticed Maggie being in distressed one day and sat next to her.

"Maggie what's wrong?" Mi-nyeo asked.

"Ever since my mom came back into my life, Michael had became a lot more distant as if he's mad at me about something." Maggie explained.

"I've been noticing that as well and I thought he was just going through a rebellious stage or something." Mi-nyeo said.

"But this had been happening ever since my mom came into the picture." Maggie pointed out. "It's like he'd rather be with her than with us."

"Well, him finding out he has another grandma is new to him and I think he's finally getting used to it." Mi-nyeo stated. Maggie looked out in the backyard to see Esther and Michael talking then walked into the backyard.

"Hey ya'll." Maggie greeted. Michael got off the bench and ran inside.

"Looks like he has to use the bathroom or something." Esther said. Maggie sighed as she sat next to her mother.

"I know I used to be the type to come to dad for advice growing up but...Michael's been distant with me lately and I don't know why mom." Maggie said.

"Well he is almost 13 so maybe that's apart of his puberty stage and there's gonna be a time where you do gotta give him his own privacy." Esther explained.

"I guess you're right." Maggie sighed. "I guess my little boy is growing up." Esther chuckled as she pulled Maggie into a hug.

"You're not such a bad mother." Esther said as she rubbed Maggie's back. Maggie smiled as she hugged her mom back.

"You know I was hesitate about this at first but mom...I want you to come to me and Mi-nyeo's wedding." Maggie said.

"I'll be happy to." Esther said as she smiled. Mi-nyeo watched from the kitchen and smiled then turned to see Michael sitting at the table holding a bishop chess piece.

"Hey Michael." Mi-nyeo greeted. "Are you happy that you get to know your grandma?" Michael nodded his head and stayed silent then he spoke.

"Eomma...is it true that mama is actually my dad?" Michael asked. Mi-nyeo nearly choked on her spit.

"N-no! Where did you hear that from?" Mi-nyeo asked appalled by what he said. Michael didn't reply back as he went upstairs to his room. Mi-nyeo stood there confused to the question Michael asked. 

When nighttime fell, Mi-nyeo told Maggie what Michael asked her.

"What the hell?" Maggie scolded. "Why would he ask something like that?"

"I don't know but the better question is...where did he hear something like from?" Mi-nyeo asked. 

"I don't know, I'm even too scared to come out as trans to our own kid because I'm scared he would reject." Maggie admitted.

"I doubt he would reject because we're the ones who took him in when no one else did because we love him so much." Mi-nyeo pointed out.

"I know that but...I'm scared he would view me differently." Maggie sighed. Mi-nyeo grabbed her hand and kissed her forehead.

"If he does have questions about you or the LGBTQ community...we'll educate him the best we could." Mi-nyeo said. Maggie smiled as she hugged Mi-nyeo tight.