College Chronicles: A Feline Friend In Need-2(Female Reader)

Mi-nyeo

When Mi-nyeo got home, she already had tears running down her face. She burst through the door to see her mom on the couch with her head in her hands.

"Mom..." Mi-nyeo began as her mom looked up at her with teary eyes. Mi-nyeo's mom got up and hugged Mi-nyeo.

"I'm sorry." Her mom said as she pecked Mi-nyeo's forehead.

"H-how did he die?" Mi-nyeo squeaked out.

"They said it was a heart attack." Her mom said. "He was at work and then collapsed to the floor and didn't move." Mi-nyeo continued to sob into her mom's chest as she began to picture her father dying.

"We didn't even get to say goodbye...it's too soon!" Mi-nyeo exclaimed.

"I know...I'm upset as well." Her mom says as she sniffled.

"W-when's the funeral?" Mi-nyeo asked.

"They're making it to next weekend." Her mom replied.

"I wanna go...I wanna see him one last time." Mi-nyeo said as she sniffled. When Mi-nyeo got back to her dorm on Sunday, she told you what happened.

"Mi-nyeo, I'm so sorry." You said as Mi-nyeo rested her head into your lap. You rubbed her shoulders. Mi-nyeo continued to sob as Sae jumped on the couch with you two and sniffed Mi-nyeo.

"No Sae, down girl." You said not wanting Mi-nyeo to lash out at her.

"His funeral is next weekend." Mi-nyeo said. "I'm going to say my last goodbye to him." You nodded your head as you pecked Mi-nyeo's forehead.

"You want me to fix you some hot chocolate?" You asked. Mi-nyeo raised her head and nodded as she gave a weak smile. You got up and went to the kitchen to go fix you and Mi-nyeo a cup of hot chocolate.

Fast forward to the next weekend, Mi-nyeo was in her dorm room dressed in black. She stood in the mirror and tried to not let tears slide down her face. You knocked on the door.

"Yeah?" Mi-nyeo called out. You opened the door and walked in to give her a hug.

"I know it's hard for you but just know that he's in a better place." You said. Mi-nyeo sniffled as she rested her head on your shoulder while hugging back.

At the funeral, it was silent hell for Mi-nyeo as she had to look at her dad's lifeless body in a casket for hours. She was hoping for all of it to be one bad dream that she's trying to wake up from but still acknowledges the sad reality and the inevitable happening. After the burying, Mi-nyeo and her family all gathered around at a restaurant to discuss what Mi-nyeo's dad left.

"Okay so he leaves the money to me." Mi-nyeo's mom began. "He did say before he died that if me and him both passed on the money goes to Mi-nyeo." Mi-nyeo didn't care about getting money. She just wants her dad back.

"Mi-nyeo, he also left you a little something more." Her mom said as she handed Mi-nyeo a small velvet box. Inside the box with a golden dragon ring. Mi-nyeo gasped as a flashback played into her head.

Mi-nyeo was only 5 years old. Everyday after school, she'll come home and sit on her dad's lap while playing with the ring on his finger. She always liked his dragon ring because of how shiny it was and always asked her dad when she'll be old enough to wear it. Her father will chuckle and tell her;

"On the day the sun goes down, you'll receive this ring in order to remember the days when the sun was out."

Mi-nyeo didn't know what it meant back then with her only being 5 years old.

"Appa, what does that mean?" Little Mi-nyeo asked.

"You'll find out soon, my little haebalagi." Her dad replied.

After the flashback ended, Mi-nyeo broke down and cried while hugging the velvet box that contained her father's dragon ring. She finally understood what he meant by her receiving the ring on the day the sun goes down.

"Appa..." Mi-nyeo cried out. Her mom hugged her tight as she shushed her.

"I still remember when you was a little girl, your appa used to tell me you would ask for the ring every time the sun goes down." Her mom explained as she chuckled softly. "You were a literal child back then." Mi-nyeo began to chuckle softly as she looked into her mother's teary eyes.

"He would've wanted you to have that ring no matter what." Her mom said. Mi-nyeo smiled as she looked at the ring in the box.

When Mi-nyeo got to her dorm room, she got into her bed and got into a fetal position. She was emotionally worn out after the funeral so she laid there with a sad expression on her face. She heard the door creak open and saw a cat like shadow dance across the wall. Mi-nyeo was too sad to yell at Sae to get out so she allowed Sae to whatever she was gonna do. Mi-nyeo felt Sae jump on the bed and walk towards her then she felt Sae's cold wet nose sniffing Mi-nyeo's face.

"Cat please, I'm not in the mood." Mi-nyeo mumbled out. Sae then began purring as she rubbed her face against Mi-nyeo's. Mi-nyeo was waiting for Sae to scratch her or bite her but nothing happened besides Sae rubbing against Mi-nyeo's face and neck. Mi-nyeo cracked a weak smile as she raised a hand up to pet Sae. Sae accepted her hand and gave a trill like noise.

"I guess you're not so bad, are you?" Mi-nyeo said as Sae licked her hand. Sae then curled up next to Mi-nyeo purring against her neck and chest making Mi-nyeo fall asleep. In Sae's mind, she's thinking;

"I know me and this hooman haven't gotten along but when I saw hooman sad, it's my duty to make hooman happy." Sae then went asleep against Mi-nyeo's chest. You walked into your dorm after your date night with your lovers. You called out for Mi-nyeo and Sae but no response. You peeked into Mi-nyeo's room to see Mi-nyeo asleep with Sae cuddled up next to her and was in quiet awe. You couldn't resist the urge to not snap a photo of it so you took out your phone and snapped a photo then sent it to your lovers.

Tough cookie: You better hope she don't kill you when she finds out about this.

Prince Ali: Awwww

My Dumbass: What's going on? I'm over behind the frat houses with Maggie smoking weed

Brainiac Boyfriend: Gi-hun you know you could get caught right?

My Dumbass: How? There's no booby trap around.

Brainiac Boyfriend: Smh...

You chuckled as you turned off your phone and climbed into bed then eventually went to sleep.