College Chronicles: Ga-yeong's Wish(Female Reader)

December

Ga-yeong

Ga-yeong was at daycare reading with Jason when Il-nam grabbed everyone's attention. Ga-yeong and Jason looked up to see 2 girls who were twins; One looked happy and optimistic while the other one looked sad and didn't look like the type to be a people person.

"Hello class, today we have two new students with us today." Il-nam said. "Please introduce yourselves young ladies." The cheery one spoke first.

"Bonjour mon nom est Joi and me and my twin sister came all the way from Paris, France." The happy twin said. The sad twin then spoke.

"H-hi mon n-nom est Tristesse." The sad twin said in a very quiet voice. "It's pronounce like tree-tess."

"Well welcome to the daycare and class remember; we are to make them feel welcome as much as possible." Il-nam said. The twins sat across from Ga-yeong and Jason. Ga-yeong waved at them.

"Hi, I'm Ga-yeong and this is my friend Jason." Ga-yeong said. 

"Hello." Jason signed.

"Hi." Joi said. Tristesse shyly waved.

"H-he doesn't talk?" Tristesse asked referring to Jason. Jason took out his notebook to write.

"No but I do sign language and write"

(No but I do do sign language and write)

"Oh we're kinda the same." Joi said.

"You do sign language too?" Ga-yeong asked.

"Well, no but I mean like we speak another language as well but only to our parents." Joi said. 

"W-we speak French." Tristesse said.

"That's cool." Ga-yeong said. "Well, I can speak Korean. My appas taught me when I was one."

"Appas?" Joi asked. Jason showed his notebook.

"She have 3 daddies and 2 mommies and appas means fathers in Korean."

(She has 3 dads and 2 moms and Appas means fathers in Korean)

"Ohh, does that mean your parents are those couples who date more than one person?" Joi asked.

"It's called a poly-ship and yes." Ga-yeong said.

"I've heard of those before and I think it's nice that you do because the more parents you have, the more love you'll receive." Joi said cheerfully.

"That is true." Ga-yeong chuckled out.

"Do you have any brothers or sisters?" Tristesse asked.

"No, I'm an only child." Ga-yeong said.

"I too."

(Me too)

"Well, I think it's nice to have a sister." Joi said hugging Tristesse. "Me and Tris always have each other's back because we love each other."

"S-she always help me with...meanies." Tristesse said.

"And she always helps me with my homework." Joi said as she smiled.

"That seems nice." Ga-yeong said.

"Yeah." The twins said in unison. When it was free time, Ga-yeong was sitting in the library section thinking until Jason came over.

"What u think bout?"

(What are you thinking about)

"I'm thinking about what the twins said." Ga-yeong said. "I wonder what it'll be like if I had a brother or sister."