Poly-ship Shenanigans: The Sinking Friendship (Female Reader)

April

Ga-yeong's POV

April 1st, 2033

Dear Diary,

I can't believe it's already a month since me and Loki have been together. It really does feel like true love. What's weird is that Joi is now starting to view our relationship differently by saying that Loki is beginning to change me. I honestly didn't believe it and told Loki who said that Joi is being jealous that I'm the only one in the friend group that is in a relationship. Maybe he's right because Joi was the one who told me to go with him since I like him and now she's upset about it. How does that make sense? Loki told me to just stay away from Joi because Joi is just a jealous friend who doesn't want to see me happy.

No one's POV

You watched as Ga-yeong walked out the door to school. You still remember what Ga-yeong said to you a few weeks ago.

"Who cares what you think? YOU'RE NOT MY MOTHER!"

You sighed which caught Ali's attention.

"Darling what's wrong?" Ali asked.

"I still remember what Ga-yeong said to me back in March." You replied.

"She didn't mean that honey." Ali defended. "It was in the heat of the moment."

"I know that but she was right on that." You pointed out. "Neither me or Sae-byeok is her biological mother."

"But you do remember who her biological mother was." Ali pointed out. You began to have flashbacks to when it all began with Ga-yeong.

"Y-yeah I'm remember." You quivered.

"So don't let those words get to you." Ali said as he pecked your forehead. "A real mother is a woman who is capable of raising their child and you and Sae-byeok are both her real mothers through and through." You smiled as you hugged Ali tight.

"I love you." You said.

"I love you too." Ali replied.

With Ga-yeong

Ga-yeong was in class working on her classwork when a note flew on her desk.

We need to talk

~J

Ga-yeong looked at Joi who was a few desks down from her and saw that she had a serious look on her face. Ga-yeong sighed as she crumbled up the note.

"Just stay away from her." Ga-yeong mumbled to herself.

"She crumbled it up." Joi whispered to Tristesse.

"That's weird." Tristesse whispered back. "That is unlike her."

"If I had to guess, Loki might've said something to manipulate her into thinking that you're in the wrong." Michael stated.

"Okay, then I'm gonna confront her during lunch." Joi stated.

"This is really starting to worry me." Joi thought to herself.

When lunch time came around, Ga-yeong saw Loki talking to Zira.

"Okay this is really starting to get to me." Ga-yeong said as she walked up to them.

"Oh hey babe." Loki said.

"Um, what are you guys talking about?" Ga-yeong asked.

"None of your business crybaby." Zira said.

"I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to my boyfriend." Ga-yeong clapped back.

"It's really not your business, it's between me and Zira only." Loki said defending Zira. Ga-yeong did want to know what was going on but felt herself being pulled away from Loki. Joi pulled Ga-yeong into a corner. The people that were with her was Jason, Michael, and Tristesse.

"What the hell is going on?" Ga-yeong asked.

"Now Ga-yeong, we're not here to criticize you." Joi said in a calm voice.

"We're your friends and we're trying to make you see the clear things." Michael said.

"Oh I see the clear things alright, you're jealous of me having a boyfriend." Ga-yeong scolded. Joi looked her confused.

"What? I don't even like Loki like that." Joi admitted.

"Oh then explain why Loki said that he saw you staring at him during class the other day?" Ga-yeong asked.

"He's obviously lying!" Joi yelled.

"What do you all have against Loki? He's perfect." Ga-yeong stated.

"Exactly, that's the problem." Tristesse said. "Those who look perfect with no flaws are the ones who have a lot of flaws underneath."

"Are you saying that something is wrong with Loki?" Ga-yeong asked.

"Yes." The twins said in unison. Ga-yeong wouldn't budge.

"You're wrong! Loki loves me and I love him." Ga-yeong said.

"Then ask yourself why he wasn't cool with inviting us but didn't hesitate to invite Zira, whom he knows that you and her don't get along?" Joi asked.

"And why he didn't want you to tell your parents about the two of you?" Michael asked.

"Because my parents didn't want us to be together and because he doesn't know y'all like that because you guys are dorks!" Ga-yeong yelled.

"Because he's an asshole and a toxic dude." Michael retorted back.

"No he's not!" Ga-yeong yelled.

"They're right Ga-yeong." Jason signed. Ga-yeong looked at him in disbelief.

"Jason, not you too." Ga-yeong said.

"Ga-yeong, making you sneak out, making you be secretive to your parents, telling you to stay away from Joi because she doesn't approve of the relationship...these are all red flags." Jason signed.

"Jason I thought you was my friend." Ga-yeong scolded.

"I am and as a friend, we need to dump him before you get hurt." Jason signed warning Ga-yeong. "He's not go-"

Ga-yeong hit Jason's chest and began to storm off but stopped and looked back at them with teary eyes.

"You know I expected this from my parents...but not from my own friends." Ga-yeong said as her voice began to crack then she ran off sobbing. Jason watched as she ran off then his eyes went soft.

"Jason, it's okay she's gonna learn one way or another." Michael assured.

"I just wanted to protect her." Jason signed. 

"We all do man but people have to see it themselves." Tristesse said.

"Be careful...princess." Jason thought to himself.

When after school came around, Ga-yeong walked up to Loki.

"Babe, you were right about Joi and now all of them had turned against me." Ga-yeong sniffled out.

"That's tough." Loki nonchalantly said not looking at her.

"What am I gonna do?" Ga-yeong cried.

"Well I don't know what to say to that babe but I gotta go because Zira asked me to hang out with her." Loki said.

"But I thought we were gonna hang out today." Ga-yeong pointed out.

"We will another time, I promise baby." Loki said as he pecked Ga-yeong's lips and walked off.

"Love you too." Ga-yeong called out. Loki just kept on walking.

When Ga-yeong got home, she ran upstairs to her room and threw herself on the bed. You heard her muffled cries through the door then lightly knocked.

"Ga-yeong?" You began.

"Just leave me alone...I've already lost my friends and you guys don't even support my relationship so just go away." Ga-yeong cried. You sighed as you walked off and went into the bedroom.

"What happened?" Sang-woo asked.

"Ga-yeong is just...she just had a bad day at school." You sighed.