No Perfect Dad- Gi-hun

"Ga-yeong, I swear you're my little baby girl and I love you." Gi-hun said. Ga-yeong stood there red face as tears slid down her face.

"If I'm your baby girl then why did you abandon me!?" Ga-yeong yelled out. Gi-hun stood there with nothing to say as Ga-yeong stormed back into her room and slammed the door. Gi-hun heard the muffled cries through the door and sighed. He walked outside and sat on the porch. Out of no where, his subconscious appeared.

"Why so sad ya deadbeat dad?" His subconscious asked. Gi-hun looked at his subconscious with an angry annoyed look.

"If you must know Y/N, my daughter hates me." Gi-hun said. "She probably thinks I'm the worst dad in the world." Y/N chuckled.

"That's every kid's thoughts as they grow older and they maybe right most of the time but you can't just sit around and mope about it." Y/N said.

"Well what can I do?" Gi-hun asked. "I've already messed up on her birthday with that lighter gun." Gi-hun took out the lighter gun and ignited it.

"Hey, don't you still have that money left over from Squid Games?" Y/N asked. Gi-hun shot his head up.

"Bite your tongue." Gi-hun said. "I'm not touching that money after what I've been through."

"I understand that but what it'll be? Living the guilt of your daughter hating you or let your own PTSD and fear get the better of you and live within fear and isolation? Think about for a while, papa dearest." Y/N said while disappearing into thin air. Gi-hun sighed as he took out his bank card then got up.

Ga-yeong laid on her bed as she looked at the framed photo that sat on her nightstand. The photo was that of her 5 year old self on Gi-hun's shoulders. Ga-yeong sighed then she heard a knock on her door. The door opened revealing Ga-yeong's mother.

"Ga-yeong, there's something outside for you." The mother said. Ga-yeong got up and hurried downstairs to see Gi-hun holding a big teddy bear.

"Dad? What are you doing?" Ga-yeong asked.

"Making my daughter happy." Gi-hun said. "C'mon we're going to the amusement park."

At the amusement park, Gi-hun tried his hardest to make his daughter happy but nothing was working. It was more of Gi-hun having fun than Ga-yeong having fun. While in line for cotton candy, Gi-hun looked at the corner of his eye to see Ga-yeong sitting there by herself with her head hanging down. Gi-hun quickly made his order of two cotton then waited. Gi-hun looked over at Ga-yeong again to see a stranger talking to her.

"Are you lost little girl?" The stranger asked. "Do you want me to buy you some candy?"

"I wasn't born yesterday, mister." Ga-yeong said. "Keep on moving." The stranger didn't take that as an answer and grabbed Ga-yeong by the arm making her scream.

"SOMEONE STOP THAT KIDNAPPER!" Gi-hun yelled out as the man behind him ran out of line and tackled the kidnapper. The man punched the kidnapper repeatedly as Ga-yeong ran off. Gi-hun grabbed the cotton candy and followed Ga-yeong.

"Ga-yeong? Ga-yeong where are you sweetie?" Gi-hun said frantically looking around for Ga-yeong. He saw her at the beach port bench sitting down. Gi-hun ran up to her.

"Ga-yeong don't you ever scare me like that." Gi-hun said. Ga-yeong just stay silent.

"Where were you dad?" Ga-yeong asked. "I was scared that something had happened to you." Gi-hun couldn't tell her about his Squid Game experience because they'll have his head if he were to tell anyone about it.

"I...I was on a trip." Gi-hun said lying through his teeth. "Where I went to didn't have any service so I couldn't call you or your mother." Gi-hun explained. Ga-yeong looked up at Gi-hun.

"Where's Uncle Sang-woo?" Ga-yeong asked. "Did he also go on a trip with you as well?" When Ga-yeong asked, Gi-hun had gotten a flashback to the day he lost his best friend, his hyung. He tried his hardest not to cry as he had to come up with another lie.

"He's...working overseas." Gi-hun said as he voice cracked.

"Do you miss him?" Ga-yeong asked. Gi-hun nodded his head. Ga-yeong stood up as she hugged him.

"It's okay, he'll be back. I promise." Ga-yeong said. Gi-hun began to cry. Nobody knows that he's not coming back...besides him.

"To be honest, I missed you dad." Ga-yeong said. Gi-hun hugged his precious daughter back.

"I missed you too, Ga-yeong." Gi-hun said. "I'm sorry that I wasn't the best dad."

"No dad is perfect but I know you're trying your best." Ga-yeong said. Gi-hun sniffled as he smiled and looked at Ga-yeong.

"Remember when you brought me here when I was 3 and you got sick after we got off the rollercoaster?" Ga-yeong asked. Gi-hun chuckled.

"I shouldn't have eaten those fried squids before we got on." Gi-hun said. Ga-yeong took some cotton candy and took a bite out of it.

"I love you Ga-yeong." Gi-hun said.

"I love you too dad." Ga-yeong said as they both got up and walked down the beach port.