College Chronicles: Q&A + Facts

1. Who's your favorite character?
2. Who's your favorite villain/anti hero?
3. Which moment(s) made you happy?
4. Which moment(s) made you sad or angry?
5. Which ship is your favorite?

Me:
1. Ali since he gives like the teddy bear vibes and he's usually the voice of reason in some episodes(I tried)
2. Sasa since I feel like it was easy writing a yandere like character
3. I'd say when Ga-yeong met Jason, whenever the gang has each other's backs, and when Gi-hun won the custody battle
4. When Sae died and Y/N wished for her to be alive for Christmas(No bullshit I wrote that Christmas episode because of some I had to go through as well with my cat passing away and me celebrating Christmas without her for the first time. I miss you Gi-gi💞)
5. Maggie and Mi-nyeo since they're the first ship who isn't apart of the poly-ship.

Facts
1. The main characters all range from ages 23 to 25(Except for the toddlers of course)

Gi-hun:25
Sang-woo: 24
Ali: 24
Y/N: 24
Sae-byeok: 23
Mi-nyeo:23
Maggie: 23
Ga-yeong: 4
Jason: 4
Joi and Tristesse: 3

2. There's a wide range of diversity among the characters like;

Ali: Pakistani
José: Mexican
Haru: Japanese
Maggie: African America
Gary: Irish American
Jason: American
Joi and Tristesse: French
Ed: British American
Sae-byeok: North Korean(Wait does that count as a nationality?)

3. Han Mi-nyeo was originally going be killed off in the "Oh Snap! Shit IS Getting Real...Again" episode.

I decided to execute that idea.

4. Cheol and Kristen have aged already

Since the episodes always fast forward and varies from 1 to 5 months, Cheol was 11 in the 6th grade when the guys were freshman in college and Kristen was 15 as a freshman in high school. Right now Cheol is a high school freshman at age 14 while Kristen is 19 and a freshman in college.

5. Jason is the first character in the series with a disability

Okay not only was I trying to challenge myself on writing LGBTQ+ characters, I'm also trying to write characters with disabilities as well just to challenge myself even more. Jason, in case you all forgot, is nonverbally autistic and has down syndrome but he hides his face with a hockey mask out of insecurities(plus he does actually love hockey)

6. Jason is a call back/ reference to the actual Jason Voorhees himself from Friday the 13th

Someone already blew the whistle on this in the comments but in case the rest of you didn't get the hints

-Jason wears a hockey mask
-Jason doesn't talk
-His mom's name is Pamela(You know like Pamela Voorhees)
-He gets picked on because of how his face looks without the mask on

7. Gi-hun's the only biological parent of Ga-yeong

Okay if you've been reading this back when they were in high school, you should know the story behind Ga-yeong and how she was born. However biologically speaking, Gi-hun is Ga-yeong's biological dad and Mrs. Seong is her biological grandmother while the others are either her adoptive parents/guardians by marriage.

8. I actually did fuck up a couple times in the chapters over the months.

Okay ever heard of plot holes? Yeah this is some I know my book and series are infamous for(I mean everybody fucks up).

-At the beginning, I misspelled Ali's last name and I didn't realize it until I'd say after I wrote the characters and reader into a poly-ship.(Was too lazy to edit it all)

-There were a few grammar or sentence errors as well. This was because I was writing some of the chapters on Tumblr as well back then and whenever I'm done I copy the work over to Wattpad(have the app on my laptop) and for some odd reason it's all there but it deletes the punctuations after I publish my work so I had to go back and edit everything which got hella annoying so I'm doing the chapters through the website version instead of the app version just to avoid errors. Another reason why was because I rushing to get the ideas down before I forget them and once again I'm lazy to edit. (Slow and steady wins the race everyone and I apologize for the confusion)

-Had to edit the "Oh Snap! Shit IS Getting Real...Again" episode and "Another Chapter Comes to An End" episode because of the age of Cheol. Now as mentioned before Cheol started 6th grade and was 11 and I mentally miscalculated the 4 years(pay attention to your math class folks) so Cheol is actually a going into the sophomore year of high school.

9. The series takes place way past the actual time right now

So when I started the high school series I decided to start it off in the same year where I started my senior year of high school which was back in August of 2021 so yes it was 2021-2022 when the gang were seniors in high school. So right now it's actually 2024 in the series so let's pretend that Covid doesn't exist or never happened in this series. (I'm actually wondering will Covid blow over in 2024)