Hooked- 15

I love MJ and Peter sm 🧎‍♀️

It starts with Flash.

Most would say he's a popular guy. There's definitely people that look up to him (somehow) and follows the things he does. Trends usually start with him, whether it's a new clothing item, places he thinks are cool, or maybe video games.

Flash had been introduced to a new game. It was pretty cliche, there were thousands like it but seeing him so glued to his screen made people wonder how good it was. One by one people end up slack-jawed, staring at their phones all day every day. (and that's saying a lot for their generation)

Even teachers get hooked soon enough because they began to wonder what could possibly be causing such disobedience in their classrooms. For two days more and more students refused to even acknowledge their existence.

Peter thought it was odd too, honestly. Because really, how good could the game be? He'd seen it from afar and it just looked like any other where you jump over a few things, get rewarded for another thing.

Yes, he loved video games but he didn't exactly get involved with the trends going around school. They were usually pointless and short-lived. Besides, he was busy. He was spider-man, he was busy with the Stark internship, (it was real now) and homecoming was coming up again. He's helping set up for volunteer hours (and to hang out with MJ) and he's convinced this year will be different.

Oldie: kid what time does Hap need to get you?
Kiddie: prob around 4. I'm staying late cause I'm decorating for hoco
Oldie: oh yeah homecoming! You got a date or are you planning on fighting another supervillain that night?
Kiddie: Mr. Stark :((
Kiddie: neither atm
Oldie: what about your little crush? 🫶
Kiddie: please never use that emoji again
Kiddie: In the nicest way possible it feels cursed coming from you
Oldie: jeez, sorry
Oldie: how is she? Scary girl?
Kiddie: she's good. She drew me today it was rly cool
Kiddie: I was looking at my grades and I guess my disappointment was eye-catching
Oldie: why are your grades disappointing?? 🤨
Kiddie: I don't mean to say that
Oldie: Welp, show me later and we'll work on it.
Kiddie: wait no we need to work on the SM suit
Oldie: we work on the suit when your grades aren't "eye-catchingly disappointing" You know your aunt would kill me if I let you get away with that.
Oldie: have fun kid
Oldie: 🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶🫶

Peter groans internally and stuffs his phone in his pocket. He really needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. Whatever, either way they always manage to enjoy the day. And Tony never goes back on his word. As soon as they work on school stuff, they'll move onto the spidey suit.

He's just finishing tying up the balloons at a table before he's yanked away by the sleeve of his hoodie into a supply closet.

"Peter."

"Oh, uh, hey MJ. What are you... doing?"

She stares at him for a moment with ridicule as he leans against the shelf awkwardly before shaking her head. "Are you noticing how weird it is around here?"

"What?" "Peter, people are like freaking zombies."

Peter tries to squirm closer to the wall. The two of them are a little too close for comfort. Not that he doesn't want to be around her it's just- their faces are pretty close. She doesn't seem to notice anything except for the blush on his face. "It's high school MJ. Of course they're like zombies. We all are. Even though it's homecoming weekend, I've literally never had this much work. Our teachers are crazy."