Arachnid

5 times the avengers found out about Peter's fear of Spiders

*3RD POV*

1.
Peter and Tony worked quietly in the lab. It was something they just did. No forced conversation, no awkward laughs, no stress about anything. It was just Peter and Tony working on projects.

"Hey kiddo," Tony muttered, his face straight with concentration. "Could you grab my red tool box? It's by DUM-E's charging station." "Sure," Peter chirped. Stark chuckled at his enthusiasm. Though, within seconds, a shout of fear was heard, followed by tools clattering to the floor.

The man spun around, thinking Peter had been hurt but he just saw him standing on the top of the couch, wide eyed. "Kid, what's wrong? What the hell was that?" "I- uh nothing. Nothing's wrong I just thought it would be cool to stand up here."

"Pete you freaked out, there's obviously something that scared you." "What? No!"

Rolling his eyes, Tony got out of his chair and looked around the tool box, his materials scattered across the floor. And then he saw a really tiny spider. But that couldn't be, Peter was literally Spider-man.

He stared at the young hero and noticed he was staring at that exact spot-

"Holy shit kid! You're scared of spiders?" Tony burst into a fit of laughter. "No! I'm not scared of them! They're- they're just tiny and gross and move too fast- I mean... They're just... bugs."

"Oh my god," he wheezed. "Pete I swear, there's always something new with you." "No there's not," he muttered.

"Alright, whatever you say. Should we get this thing out of here Spider-man?"

"Stop making fun of meee!"

2.

"Hey Peter?" "Yeah Nat?" "Do you have fears-"

"No." Natasha narrowed her eyes at the boy. "You answered that fast. "Because... I knew the answer.." "Everyone has fears though." "Well... I just don't know mine yet I guess," he shrugged.

"You're lying," she stated. "No." "маленький паук I'm a spy. You can't get these things past me." "Ok yeah, whatever. I have a fear but like you said, we all do." "Well now I'm intrigued."

"Anyways, I'm gonna go to a project," he laughed nervously turning towards his room. "You're embarrassed." "What? No. I'm not embarrassed. What's there to be embarrassed about?" "I wouldn't know Spidey."

"Well I..." "Pete you realise I'm messing with you right? If you don't wanna tell me, I'm not forcing you to. There's no shame in fears though."

".. You wouldn't tell anyone would you? And you won't laugh?" "Unlike you, I'm very good at hiding things," she replied with a wink. "And no, I won't laugh."

"Spiders." "That's what I thought." "W-what??" "Again, I'm a spy Parker. I pick up on things. It was very sweet of you to trust me with that though. I won't be using it against you." "Oh.. cool."

3.

Pete- DR. BANNER
Pete- DR. BANNER
Pete- H E L P
Pete: IM PROBABLY GONNA DIE
Bruce- is everything alright? What happened?
Bruce- wait, since when do you text me about medical issues? it's always Tony dragging you here after you hiding it for like a week.
Pete- NOT IMPORTANT
Pete- I THINK GOT BIT BY ANOTHER SPIDER ITS FREAKING ME OUT
Bruce- wait what?
Pete- IM GENUINELY AFRAID WHAT IF IT TAKES AWAY MY POWERS I SWEAR I SAW SOMETHING AND THEN IT BIT ME I-
Bruce- kid calm down I'm sure it's not that bad.
Pete- BUT WHAT IF IT ISNT?? I HATE SPIDERS OMFG
Bruce- just swing over here and show me the bite. I'll tell you what it is and if it's bad or poisonous or whatever you think it is.
Pete- ok thank you. Also DONT TELL TONY HE'LL MAKE FUN OF ME
Bruce- not if you're dying
Pete- YOU THINK I'LL DIE-
Bruce- for Christ's sake Peter no!

Peter showed up at the tower in record time and the second Bruce saw it, he sighed.

"Peter this is a mosquito bite-"

4.

Clint was always a prank lover. To him, it was always funny. Maybe not to the others but that didn't really matter.

Stark had continually said to take it easy on Peter with the pranks but the kid still thought they were funny so why wouldn't he think a prank on him wouldn't be?

Late at night, Clint crawled through the vents to Peter's room. He'd decided he would use a rubber spider because those were always fun. It was silent as the kid snored softly.

Perfect.

Knowing his senses would probably go off, Clint powered himself halfway out of the vent and dropped the toy. Peter reacted immediately, shouting and attaching himself to the ceiling in fear. In the process, he also knocked into Clint, who plummeted to the ground in laughter.

"Pete what's going on in here?"

Oh shit dad's here.

"Heyyyyy Tony whats- whats up?" "The fuck are you doing in here Clint?"

"Well..." "HE DROPPED THIS RUBBER SPIDER ON ME IT FELT WEIRD WHAT THE HELL'S WRONG WITH YOU DUDE?" "It was a prank!" "You could've used literally anything else!" He whined. "What, you have a fear of 'em?"

It went silent.

"Holy shit you do-"

5.

Clint told Sam.

Of course he did, it was too funny not to do!

"Dude, you think I should scare him?" "Yes, why are you even asking me? What are you gonna do?"

"I can project a video of spiders moving. It'll make it look like there's a bunch of them and boom!"

"You genius, lets get it ready," Clint said.

Later on, Sam and Clint were hiding behind the kitchen counter waiting for Peter to walk in. The second he did, they began their video projection.

The boy immediately gasped, jumped onto the wall and climbed up, still staring at the creatures.

"Tony! There's a shit ton of spiders in the kitchen! Get 'em out!"

Not being able to hold it in, Clint and Sam burst into laughter.

He wore a look of betrayal as his mouth hung open. "Wha- hey! You assholes! This is another prank isn't it?"

"Pete what'd you want-? Oh. What's with you guys and wanting to traumatise the kid?"

"It's funny."

"No it's not!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words- 1038