Rescue- 28

YALL IK IM NOT ON TIME FOR THESE PROMPTS BUT ILL FINISH EM AFTER HALLOWEEN 🫡

TW: armed robbery

Peter wanted more than anything to not be here.

As much as he loved decathlon, he hated some competitions where they had to wake up at the ass-crack of dawn just to answer question upon question the entire day.

He woke up tired and Mr. Harrington wouldn't let them stop to get coffee beforehand because they were in a hurry. Peter believes that the second his day starts bad like this, it can only get worse from there.

The entire bus ride there, MJ drilled them with easy questions, mostly because she wanted them to be able to breathe before the competition but she also wanted their minds to be awake.

She lightly chastised him for his lack of attention as he leaned against the bus window with half lidded eyes.

"Parker we need you here," she said. "You gonna help us win?" "If you let me get a few more minutes of sleep, yes." "It's a deal. Take a break everyone. We've got another 20 minutes before we get there."

Peter doesn't back out on deals, especially with MJ. She allowed him a solid 15 minute nap. He loved her for that. So, he helped them win the championships. He'd finished them off with the last question and he knows Tony's going to loose his shit when he tells him. He'd wanted to come cheer them on but a last minute mission came up.

Ned tackles him with a hug and MJ comes by and swings an arm around his shoulders.

"Peter that was crazy! You totally intimidated them with your whole bored look."

"What- oh, yeah. That was... yeah I meant to do that."

He had not in fact meant to intimidate the opposing team with his overwhelming boredom. Oh well.

"C'mon! Let's go out tonight!"

"By that, do you mean the cafe you were eyeing down the street?"

Abe waves his hand. "It's fancy. Flash is paying so... yeah."

"Dude."

"Why are we going to a cafe it's almost 5:30. We could get an early dinner."

"Cindy, name one time you've ever heard of someone our age eating normal meals at normal times."

"..True."

"I could work with a cafe."

Peter almost melts with relief. He's wanted a coffee so bad.

"Please. Let's go to the cafe."

Abe throws his hands up.
"Woo!! Champion coffees!"

"Please never speak ever again."

"Shut up Flash. Substitutes can't speak."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With their teacher's permission, they make their way to the little shop on the corner of the street. Peter likes it; it's cute. The inside of it is comfy and cabin themed, and the people inside were kind and spelled everyone's names right on the cup.