Arguments

Spooktober. 23

Warning: fluff

*3RD POV*

Peter yawned as he sat on the roof of a building. He'd just finished off the seemingly last bad guy of the night. He wasn't even out too long, was he?

"Karen what time is it?" His voice disturbed the silence of the night. Why was it so quiet? It wasn't that late was it?

"Approximately 4:36 AM, Peter." He jumped up from his spot. "Seriously?! Tony told me to be back by 11! Why didn't you tell me?!" "You have 87 missed calls from Tony Stark."

Peter hesitated calling him back. He didn't want to be yelled at. The whole city would hear. Well... even when he got back he would yell at him just as much...

"Would you like me to call him back? He seemed to be panicking but I informed him you were unharmed." Her soft voice calmed him slightly. Though, the thought of his father figure yelling at him for being that late, worried Peter. Part of him wanted to stay right where he was.

"No. I'll see him when he gets there. Any messages?" "There's one." "...tell me I guess..."

"At 3:30, he sent 'I'm not impressed Peter. You should've called me.
Come home.' "

Even though Karen read it to him, and he wasn't even talking to Tony yet, Peter felt guilt rise in his stomach. Just from that text he knew Tony would be really mad...

Within a few minutes, he got back to the tower and hopped through the window. He was met with Tony standing there with his arms crossed and his eyes in a cold stare. (Classic angry dad look lol)

"So," he begun. "Care to explain why you got home so late?" "Sorry. I got busy." Peter really didn't mean to have attitude in his voice. It just came out like that. Tony looked surprised by it too.

He huffed out a breath pinching his nose. "Peter. You've got to get home by curfew." "I said I was sorry-" "Do you understand how worried I was?" His voice got slightly louder. 'Two can play that game,' Peter thought.

"Why would you be worried?!" "Why?! Because I care about you Peter! Why else?!" "I don't matter to you! Im just some orphan you picked up off the streets!" "You-... You seriously think that!? When your aunt died, I took you in! Why would I take in some random kid off the streets? I care ab-" He cut him off. The tone in Tony's voice when he talked about May's death made anger bubble inside of Peter.

"Don't talk about her!"

"I-!" Tony paused and took a deep, frustrated breath.

"Ok Pete. We need to calm dow-" "Calm down?! You've just yelled at me like- like you're one of my parents! News flash! I have none! You can't walk in here and pretend you're my dad! You're not!" (Uhm I have this 200 page essay to prove-)

He stormed off to his room, not missing the hurt look in Tony's eyes. He ignored that part, despite his heart aching. He swallowed back the tears that wanted to escape.

~~~

This was Tony's fault. His. He made it look like he was replacing his parents... he didn't want to do that. He just wanted to be there for his kid. He cared about Peter with all his heart. He needed to show that to him. But what should he do? Go talk to him? But what if he didn't want to talk? What if Peter hated him? 

Frustration clung onto his brain.

Dammit he was just like his father!

Tony ran a hand down his face. He needed to calm down. He was this kid's parent now. It was his job to make things right.

'I guess I should give him a minute though...' he thought.

~~~~~~

Peter groaned into his pillow. Why did this happen? He and Tony always got along! He would surely hate him now! He would kick him out!

Tears stung Peter's eyes. Another parent figure thrown out the window. Mom, Dad, Ben, May and now Tony wouldn't want to see him anymore!

Anxiety pricked Peter's heart at the thought. He laid on his bed for a few more minutes before someone rapped at the door.

"...Pete...?"

Peter hesitated. "C-come in." He was still staring at the ceiling as Tony walked inside his room. "Hey kid." "...Hi."

There was a moment of silence. Tony froze for a second before deciding to sit on the edge of Peter's bed. "Listen Pete," he sighed. "I'm sorry I yelled. You know I hate fighting with you and I can tell you hate it too." Peter's silence was his confirmation.

"I can tell both of us are stubborn assholes who don't want to admit when they're wrong so I'll go first. Like I said before, I'm sorry for yelling at you. It was just the only thing I could think of to get you listening. I hit a soft spot." Peter mentally winced at him saying, 'soft spot.'

"Ever since I met you, I just thought: 'Don't be like dad' over and over again. But... I guess there's something I'm doing wrong... I know I never really talk about him but he yelled at me... a lot when I was a kid. If I didn't want to go up on stage or something for him, he yelled at me...I hated it. I'm sorry for doing that to you kid."

"No. Tony it's fine. You- you had a reason to yell. I said I'd be back by 11:00. It's what? 5 AM now? Also, you're nothing like your dad. You've done everything right. Parents yell at their kids... I just... got mad that May wasn't here to do that I guess..." He was right. Tony was doing his job right. He tried to calm things down and when that didn't work, he gave Peter a few more minutes to do it himself.

"You don't feel like I'm replacing May, do you?" "No! Of course not! You're the same person you've always been! You didn't even change at all when you adopted me! You've always been like my- my dad."

Tony had a soft smile on his face. This was the first time Peter referred to him as his dad.

"I'm still grounding you for literally giving me a heart attack." Peter groaned. "Ok dad," he said jokingly. (Well maybe he wasn't joking.) It was pretty annoying having Tony on his ass all the time about stuff but... he wouldn't want it any other way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words- 1106
Oof I couldn't think of what to do for yesterday's spooktober so I skipped.

Welp. Bye

:D <3000