All my heart

Let's pretend Tony didn't ask Pepper to marry him yet in homecoming :)

Also Tony is always a domestic dad no matter what so :)

*3RD POV*

Tony Stark. Genius, Ex-playboy, billionaire, philanthropist.

Totally not someone one would expect to see pacing around his lab, trying to figure out how to ask his badass CEO girlfriend to be his wife. He's not shown to be someone that would let his mind play negative scenarios on how she would react to the man kneeling down and holding out an expensive ring.

What ring would he even buy?

What if it wasn't good enough?

Tony would spend every cent he owned to make it worthy of Pepper's approval. All he wanted was for her to be his family.

'Maybe I should call Rhodey,' he thought. Sure, he'd get made fun of for loosing his cool but the man always seemed to help in the areas Tony couldn't figure out.

He picked up his phone and dialed his best friend's number. It only took about two rings before he picked up.

"What'd you do now?"

"What? Nothing!" "Yeah, uh huh. Do I need to ask FRIDAY again?" "Wha- no! What am I, 5?" "Mentally, yes." "Ok, ok I blew up a section of my lab today- but that's not what I wanted to talk to you about!" "As I expected." "C'mon, cut me some slack! It was only a section this time!" "Yeah, yeah whatever Tones. What did you need?"

"I uh... I need help. And no my helmet isn't stuck in the blender again." Rhodey laughed. "I still don't know how you managed to do that. Anyway, What is it?"

"I want to ask Pepper to marry me." Rhodey burst out laughing again. "Well what're you calling me for? Get her a ring! She'll say yes and you'll live happily ever after with your little family and wonderful son Peter." Well wasn't he sarcastic today.

"That's the thing Rhodey! I don't know what ring to get her or what I'll say to her- I don't even know she'd say yes..." "You tell her from the heart. Also, Literally every girl in this damn universe would want to marry you," he deadpanned. "Pep's different though. She's just- I don't even know. She's perfect and I want to marry her and I don't fucking deserve her!" The man huffed out a laugh. "When did my best friend, Tony Stark become a sap?"

"When he found Pepper..." "Ok. Ok I'll help you out. We'll go to a fancy ring store tomorrow around noon. Pep's got a meeting around then right?" "Yeah. Thanks so much Rhodey. I don't know what I'd do without you." "Die. You'd die. But no problem, man. I'll see you tomorrow."

Why did that do almost nothing to ease Tony's nerves? Sure, he knew that he'd get help finding a ring but... why would Pepper want to marry him? Surely she'd slap him across the face and storm off the second he asked. Oh god, what would Tony do without her?

"Um...hey Tony?" Shit. He forgot Peter was coming over today.

"Oh- hey kiddo. What's up?" "I texted you earlier to make sure we were still doing lab day but you didn't answer so I just came over anyway. We're still on...right?" Tony snorted. Despite them having a lab day twice a week, plus Saturdays, the kid always made sure he wasn't going to cancel. He still acted shy around him sometimes.