Shivering

Spooktober.15

May is kinda mean in this one.

*3RD POV*

Of course it was this time. Of fucking course the one time Tony didn't answer his phone something happened! Peter had called him but Tony fell asleep in the lab for the first time in- like... a year! FRIDAY decided not to wake him up because he didn't sleep the past two nights. Of course when he finally slept Peter would be in trouble!

Once he woke up about an hour later, Karen hacked through FRIDAY. "Sir it appears Peter is hurt. I believe he needs your assistance." "Shit! FRI why didn't you tell me?!" "You seemed to be sleeping boss."

"I was! Just wake me up!" "My apologies but Mr. Parker seems to be outside the compound." "Ok, ok.  Is he ok? Why's he here? It's Thursday. He doesn't come until Friday." "Yes sir." "Wha- no not you FRIDAY! I mean-" Tony groaned irritated.

He had been walking quickly through the tower to the door. "What's wrong with him?!" "He appears to be under his normal temperature and emotional." "Shitshitshit," he muttered.
"It's snowing out there! Is he in his suit?" "No sir. But I detect recently used web shooters on his wrist." "Ok- uh... maybe he just swung by because of a nightmare again."

When he got to the door, he caught Peter right before he fell. Tony gaped. He was cold, like really cold. He knew about Peter not being able to handle cold places well because of the spider bite. He almost always had a sweater on.

He was in a T- shirt, jeans, and sneakers.

He'd brought his back pack with him too. "Peter! Are you alright, kid?" Now that he payed attention, the kid was shivering. His shoulders were shaking with sobs. "Peter what happened?" "I'm sorry. I'm sorry Tony, I'm sorry," he cried.

"Hey, Hey Underoos. You're alright. Tell me what happened, huh?" They moved to the couch. "I'm sorry I-I should've gone to Ned's or something I-I-I didn't know what to do and-"

Tony didn't know whether he was stuttering from being a human popsicle or crying.

"Kid. I'm glad you came here. What happened? Are you hurt? Let me grab a blanket and stuff. We gotta get you warm again." He left to get a sweater and the duvet off of Peter's bed. He took it thankfully and clutched to them as his normal temperature continued to return.

"Well?" The kid was pressed against his side and Tony's arm was around him. "May kick- kicked me out." Those words shocked Tony. May loved Peter! She'd do anything and everything for him. "What?"

Peter mistook the surprise for anger. He waited for Tony to kick him out too- tell him he screwed up.

"I'm-I'm sorry I screwed up- it's my fault-"
"How's it your fault, kid? You two got into a fight?" "Kind of..." Tony gave him a look. He knew he was avoiding the answer. "She saw- she saw me in the spider suit."

This was it. Peter would be kicked out on the streets. He would die in the cold. No one could care about him.

It didn't come though. He just rubbed his back and encouraged him to continue.

"Go on..."

*FLASHBACK*

"May? Are you home?" Peter looked around. He'd just got home and he had all his homework finished already. He wanted to go on patrol. The day had gone pretty good... Flash was out sick, he got an A on 3 of his tests and barely any work.