Did he love you? Pt. 2

B I t c h T h I s m a k e s m e S a d

3rd POV

It was as if the second I closed his eyes, they opened again- except the pain and exhaustion was gone. It was odd.

I looked around to see myself in a beautiful place. It wasn't very describable. (I can't describe heaven. Also, Loki's not here bc I refuse to believe he's not coming back.)

"H...Hello?" "Tony." I whipped my head around. "Nat." I breathed out. We ran over to each other and hugged.

"You- You're alive? I can't wait to tell everyo-" I paused when she shook her head with a small, sad, smile.

That's when it clicked. She didn't have to say anything. I was dead.

A wave of dread hit me like a brick.
"Oh no...oh no-no no no... Pepper... Peter... Morgan... what do I do? I can't be there for them- oh god I'm so stupid..."

"Tony please. Let me ask you one thing." I looked up at my friend. She had a desperate look in her eyes. "D-did we win?" "...Yes...we did..." She let out a breath of relief.

"Thank god... I saw it but... I had to make sure. I don't know how I'd live with myself if we didn't win after everything we've done..." "Well... you wouldn't have to live with yourself. We're dead."

"You're so stupid sometimes." She said before adding, "Correction. All the time."
"...You're not wrong." The two of us shared a breathy laugh.

"What about Pepper and Morgan and Peter? I won't be able to see my wife anymore- watch Pete and Morgan grow up- oh god... what kind of father am I?" "An amazing father. You just saved the universe for them."

"But Morgan's only 5 years old. She's going to grow up with no dad. And Peters been through enough! Lost his parents and uncle... now another death in his life. Pepper always told me I'd die doing this. She was always right and I knew it." "But she stayed with you Tony. She was willing to live with that."

There was a moment of silence as I collected myself.

"...So you said you saw us win... how?" "That's what I was going to get to. You can see your kids still. They just can't see you." "...At least it's something." "Here. Follow me."

I followed her to a certain spot.

"I'm confused. It looks like everywhere else."

"I was there when you guys won. I was there at your funeral. I watched Clint talk to Wanda about hoping I knew that we won. I did but I didn't know if it was real, or it was some sick dream getting my hopes up."

"So what do I do?" "Think about where you want to be." "What? That sounds stupid Nat. How would that get me anywhere?." "Do you want to see your kids or not Tony?" "I do but how do I get back." "Do the same thing."

Just as I was about to go, I realised I wanted her to come.

"Wait Nat. You haven't met Peter. I want you to see how great of a kid he is."

"Ok."

Within seconds, I was at the lake house. I almost cried out in excitement.