MIT

*PETER'S POV*

It's been weeks. I've been waiting for a college acceptance. I have checked the mail every day. I really hope I get in. I submitted 3 college applications but the main one I hope to get into is MIT. It's the one Tony went to. I think i'd like it there. He seemed pretty happy when I talked to him about it.

*FLASHBACK*

It started with the two of us working in the lab on my spidersuit. I wanted to add some things to it and he offered to help with it. "Hey Tony?" "Yeah kid?" "Do you.. Do you think I should try and get into MIT?" He looked a bit caught off guard for a second. "Did you apply?" "N-no not yet. I was thinking about it... But maybe I should'nt-" "I think you should apply. I bet you could get in. I will literally give you every cent I have if you don't- which I obviously won't have to," He said smugly. "Well... I guess I could apply." "Pete. It's not up to me. It's all you. I'm not choosing your college. Now, let me ask you." He looked at me dead in the eye, seriousness written on his face. "What do you, Peter Parker, want to do?" "I...I want to go to MIT." He smiled and ruffled my hair, getting a smile out of me. "I'm proud of you kid."

**FLASHBACK OVER**

"Peter," May called, snapping me out of my trance. "Yeah?" "Come check the mail." "But I just checked it a few hours ag-" I stopped when I saw the huge smile on her face. "Is it... here?" "Possibly," She shrugged pretending not to know.

"Did you get it out of the mail?" "That's for you to do Pete." "Ok..." I walked outside and opened the main slot. The letter immediately caught my eye and joy flooded through me. 'Wait I can't get my hopes up...it could be a rejection.'

"I bet you got in," May said, basically reading my mind. I chuckled a bit. "Tony said the same thing. He told me he'd give me all his money if I didn't," I said humorously. She laughed. "Of course he did. Tony thinks highly of you, ya know." "Oh right! Tony! May can we go over to the tower to open the letter? I said I'd open it there." "Of course."

The whole drive there, I was antsy. I was unable to stay still for even a second. When we finally got to the avengers tower, I was about to run up to the entrance but May pulled me into a hug. "No matter what, even if it's a rejection letter, I will always be proud of you. And so will the whole Avengers team. We all love you Pete." I hugged back. I definitely needed to hear that. "Thanks May. I love you..." "Now go open that letter."

"FRI where's Tony?!" "In the lab mr. Parker." I bolted down the steps.

"Ton-!" I almost ran into him but thanks to my Spidey sense, it warned me. "Whoa kid! What's up? You're not comin' over until tomorrow." "I got- I got the letter. I don't know if it's a yes or a no yet, but this is a start." A smile spread across his face. "FRI tell everyone to meet in the living room."

Within a few minutes, everyone was gathered in the room. May was sitting on the couch next to Happy- I'm pretty sure there's something going on between them. Whatever.

"Ok kid you got this," Clint shouted. "Yeah Pete. No matter what, we all have your back." "Thanks Steve." I took a deep breath. "Ok..." I opened it and the room went silent.

"Dear Mr. Parker. This is the head principal of MIT..." (etc etc. idk how this goes XD)

"And we would love to have you at out school- oh my god I got in!" Everyone cheered. Tony hugged me tight. "You say that as if you didn't know you'd get in," He laughed. Tears pricked my eyes.

Just then, my phone started ringing. It was MJ. I answered it immediately. "Hey MJ!" Tony smirked at me, making me blush.

"Peter! I'm outside the tower." "What? Why?" " because I knew you'd be there. Duh. Are you?" "Yeah." "Ok I'm coming up!" "Why?" "You'll see!"

"What'd she need," Steve asked. "She's here and coming up." "Why?" "That's What I asked."

"Hey Loser." I rolled my eyes at the nickname but smiled. "Hey MJ!" We hugged and Tony smirked at me again. "Did you get your college letter yet!?" "Yeah! I just opened it!" "Did you get in?!" "Yep! How about-" "Holy shit Peter! I got in too!" "So MIT MJ?" Tony asked. "Yeah." "Do you know if Ned got in?" "Check your phone Loser," She chuckled. I looked down at my phone. "...374 unread , messages from our groupchat." "Yeah that's why I came here. I wasn't gonna wait another hour for you to answer."

374 unread messages:

Ned: Peter!!!
Ned: PETER
Ned: PETEEERRR
Ned: I'm not gonna stop spamming until you answer!
MJ: wtf Ned you're blowing up my phone
Ned: Oh sry. DID YOU GET INTO MIT?
MJ: yeah did you?
Ned: YES! I NEED TO KNOW IF PETER GOT IN TOO!!!
MJ: I bet he did.
Ned: I mean- I know he did but I also need confirmation.
Peter: Ned I got in.

[Insert a few hundred excited Ned messages after that]

MJ started laughing. "Jesus Christ. Ned's excited." "I don't blame him. I mean- all three of us are going to the same college! You guys are my best friends." " That's true." "Yeah pretend we aren't here because she's here," Tony sarcastically said with a smile. "Heh. Sorry."

"Well I think you deserve a day off of school and a movie night." "But tomorrow's Friday." "Yeah. I know." "I agree with Tony, Peter," May said. "You've worked hard for the past few years without even missing school with a bullet in your shoulder." "Well shit Pete." "Oh- did she know?" May asked with a 'oh shit' face.

"Yep MJ knew. Just not about the injuries." "Welp too late to take that back. Want to get this movie night started?" "You can stay if you want MJ." "Nah I need to go home and celebrate with my fam. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow Peter," MJ said. With a moment of hesitation, she kissed my cheek and walked out with a quick speed, leaving me a flustered mess.

Tony started to wiggle his eyebrows. "Ew Tony! Gross!" I said lightly shoving him. "You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend~" "I don't!" I started laughing. "Whatever you say Underoos. But now-" he clapped his hands "-Movie time!"

During the movie, I sat between Tony and May. As I slowly drifted off to sleep, my head resting on Tony's shoulder, I thought about how great of a day it was and soon, I was going to start a new chapter of my life.

And my whole dysfunctional family would be supporting me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words- 1185