A Tolerated Christmas

*3RD POV*

Tony never exactly loved Christmas. He never really liked it either... Every year, his parents did nothing. His mother at least, would wish him and his father a Merry Christmas.

When he was a child, all he wanted was a Christmas tree and maybe a toy or two. Just once. Though, it was just like any other day in the Stark household. A 'good morning' from Mariah, daily piano practice, and Tony is then left to entertain himself for the rest of the day.

He'd sometimes daydream of that perfect family on his tv during that Christmas special his father wouldn't let him watch. He didn't exactly understand why he hated it so much. But... What if that could be him? Tony and his family enjoying a dinner with decorations scattering around their house. How amazing that would feel...

His parents didn't even act like they loved each other. Maybe they didn't. They barely even talked. They just acted like co workers.

After work overcame his thoughts and his father forced him to go on press and things like that, there was no time to even think of Christmas. One could even say he forgot it existed at some point.

Since then though, he never really enjoyed the thought of Christmas. It may have been selfish, but all it did was make Tony think of the fact that there were families out there enjoying it. People that actually had a family.

Pepper would sometimes try cheering Tony up. They'd exchange presents, something little for the couple. Tony would smile and say his thanks, as would Pepper. He liked spending these moments with his fiancée. He didn't hate the holiday as much- he just tolerated it.

When happy go- lucky Peter came along, Tony couldn't be happier. He loved having the kid around. Though, when he mentioned his love for Christmas just about a week before, all the man could do was hum and nod in acknowledgement. Peter seemed to sense his slight change in behaviour, seeing as his smile had dropped a bit.

"What's wrong, Mr. Stark?" "Nothing kiddo. Want to get back to work or grab a snack?" "You're changing the subject." "I don't know what you're talking about." Peter repeated himself, "What's wrong?" "You're not gonna give up are you, Pete?" He shook his head. The mischievous smile on his face warmed Tony's heart.

"Since you're not gonna let it go, i've just never been a big fan of Christmas honestly." The boy didn't gasped and exclaim that 'Christmas is the best thing ever and you can't not like it!' No. Not what Tony expected him to say.

He obviously could tell why. The thought that had gone through Tony's head for years was that he had no one to celebrate with so what the hell was the point?

"Well... Some holidays aren't for everyone." He paused as a smile spread across his face once again. "But do you think I can make it a little better? We can throw a party-! If that's ok Mr. Stark-" "Do what you must Pete. Im fine with anything." "Really?!" "Sure." "Cool! Also, yes to the snack 'cause I'm really hungry."

They ended up ordering pizza and while the two sat on the couch, Tony noticed Peter looked like he wanted to ask something. "What do you want to ask me kid?" "What?" "You have that look." "What look?" "You want to talk." "Um... I wanted to ask... Did you ever do anything when you were a kid? During Christmas?"

Tony thought for a moment. Did he? "Uh... I don't think so- Oh! I remember I did this when I was really little." He brought the kid into his bedroom and opened the closet. "I think it's back here..." And it was. From behind the clothes was a stocking with childish writing on it. It said 'Jarvis.'