Chapter 7

After talking about Rick for a while we were now laying on the couch watching a movie... Or Chris was watching a movie... I was just lying on his chest perfectly content... It had become my favorite place to be... I was thinking about our conversation... I had noticed that not once he had rolled his eyes... Not once did he seem to be threatened by a dead man... He listened... He actually just listened... It was nice and i had noticed that i didn't feel sad or guilty for moving on... In previous dates with others i just came home with this massive guilt...

I smile and plant a kiss on Chris his chest... He starts to move his hands up and down my back and i hum... "Can i lay here forever?" I murmur and Chris chuckles... "If it was up to me... Yes... But Dodger might disagree with that..." Chris mumbles and i giggle... "Oh yeah he rules this house... I forgot... And here i thought you were the man in control..." I whisper smirking... Chris chuckles and i lift my head and press my lips on his...

When we break the kiss, we look to the side and Dodger is standing in front of us tilting his head and we burst out laughing... "Sorry bud... This is my time with Elle..." Chris says grinning and Dodger huffs... "I dont think he agrees..." I whisper and pet Dodgers head... "Dont worry Dodge... You are my favorite..." I whisper and giggle... "I am starting to think you are only here for him..." He jokes and i gasp... "You are only realizing this now?" I say and he looks at me stunned for a second...

"Oh, you little..." He growls and i giggle and let out a squeal as Chris grabs me and throws me to the other side of the couch like i weigh nothing... He then crawls over me starts to tickle me and i start to squeal and trash around but every time i get out of his grip Chris easily pulls me back in... "Dodger help...!" I squeal as i manage to get away from Chris again a little bit... I laugh hard as Dodger wiggles his way between me and Chris barking blocking Chris from pulling me back in... Chris stops and looks at Dodger... "Unbelievable... You traitor..." He says looking at Dodger with a smirk on his face... "Good boy..." I say smirking and i cuddle Dodger and Chris sighs shaking his head but with a smile on his face...

"Do you want to go for a... walk..." Chris said in a high-pitched voice and Dodger got all excited and i smiled... "You want to come with?" Chris asked and i nodded as i thought it would be weird to be in the house alone... We get ready for the walk and i smile as Dodger is running around all excited... Chris puts the leash on him and takes my hand and we walk out... I expect him to let go of my hand as soon as we walk out the gate but to my surprise just like in the store, he just holds my hand as we walk... I smile as he slows his pace so i can keep up with my little legs... We enter the woods behind his house and Chris lets Dodger off the leash and he runs off sniffing around chasing leaves... Chris drapes his arm over my shoulder pulling me into him and i smile and wrap my arm around his waist...

"You are very... affectionate..." I whisper as we walk through the woods. Chris looks at me and grins... "You didn't expect that?" He asks and i blush and shake my head... "Not in public no..." I say and he smiles... "Well get used to it... I plan on doing that a lot more..." He says stopping and pulling me in front of him... I blush and he smiles... "God there is that blush again..." He whispers and he smirks as i blush even more... He leans down and kisses me... He takes my hand again and we keep walking hand in hand talking about everything and nothing...

When we arrive back home it is near dinner time and i get excited at the idea of cooking in his amazing kitchen... All the space to use... All the state-of-the-art appliances... This kitchen is a dream... Chris chuckles as i take a deep breath and take from the fridge what i need... I decided to make chicken out of the oven with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables... "Can i help?" Chris asks and i smirk shaking my head... I want to have this kitchen for my own... "Just keep me company... So, you can point at where the stuff i need is..." I say with a big smile, and he chuckles and sits down at one of the bar stools at the counter...