Chapter 12

"Nice to finally talk to you Elle... We heard a lot about you..." The woman who had introduced herself as Megan said... "Nice to talk to you to..." I say blushing and Chris blushes to... I wonder with how many people he has talked about me... "I am so happy to hear you decide to accept the job... I can't tell you how many times i told Chris to eat healthier during filming especially now that he is getting older..." Megan says and i chuckle as Chris groans and rolls his eyes...

We are sitting at the kitchen table with Megan on zoom to discuss the contract... Chris and i each had made a list but i dont know if i should say everything on my list because when i took a peek his list was much shorter than mine... But i wanted to make sure that everything would be clear and that there would be no confusion or frustration seeping into our relationship...

"Elle do you have some requests for the contract?" Megan asks and i take a deep breath getting my list and Chris smirk and lets out a chuckle... "Dont laugh Christopher... I am taking this serious and so should you..." I say and he chuckles... "I like her..." Megan says and i blush... "I have a few things..." I say looking anxiously at Chris... "Go ahead sweetheart... I won't be offended..." He says and i give him a small smile...

"Okay Megan do you mind if i go through each point first before we discuss them...?" I say and she agrees...

"1. I want a detailed job description so there will be no confusion or irritation about that..."

"2. God, forbid it doesn't work out and we split ways... He can't pull our relationship into a reference for a potential new job..."

I say looking at Chris for a reaction, but he just smiles winking at me...

"3. Every week we have a sit down to go over a menu... He can't say you choose and leave it all up to me... This to make sure he likes what he is getting to eat... Changes can be made of course but i have to be notified before i start cooking because i hate food waste... He also has to let me know because i have to do the shopping, so he needs to make a list for things outside of things for dinner he wants... Such as snacks, drinks and anything else he needs... I dont mind doing other arrands just as long as i know on time... I will not be the one to fetch him coffee or things like that..."

I say taking in a deep breath watching Chris. Chris chuckles and takes my hand in his giving it a little squeeze smiling...

"4. On top of that once a month we have an evaluation in which we can air any grievances or frustrations without pulling our relationship into it... In those meeting we are not together... We are boss and employee... There will be respect from both sides... When needed a third impartial party is going to be present to make sure we stick to that... Any grievances we have in regard to my performance will be aired then and not in our personal time... Same goes for me when i think he is crossing a line or not sticking to any boundaries..."

"5. I am going to need his work schedule... This so i can have dinner ready and not it going to waste as he has to work late and i didn't know due to miscommunication or something like that... If something changes in that schedule, he or someone around him has to let me know as soon as possible... Again... I had food waste... Also... I dont mind cooking for more people than him... But i need to know in advance... So, at the latest in the morning... But i want to state... I am not an a la carte chef... So, what i cook is what they get..."

I say and Chris smiles and Megan is voraciously typing taking notes. I take another deep breath and continue with point 6 getting more anxious because i am sure i am taking this way too serious while Chris is just smirking and chuckling...

"6. I want 2 days a week off from cooking duty... I will probably still end up cooking but i want 2 days out of the week to do it because i like it and love Chris and not because i have to... These days will be not my responsibility to cook... Even if i end up cooking i want to state that it is not a given... These days can be agreed on in our weekly meetings mentioned earlier..."