Chapter 28

Chris pov...

"This is a nice surprise..." Ma said smiling on the screen of my laptop... "How are you both doing..." She said smiling... I had texted ma before i called her. It was to tell her i was calling that and Elle was going to be on the call. That i hadn't proposed yet, so to please not bring it up.

I was thinking about the right time, but everything changed when we found out she was pregnant... I couldn't think of a way to ask her without making is seem that i was asking because she was pregnant.

"We are doing good ma..." I said smiling putting my hand on Elle's leg giving her a little squeeze... She was nervous and scared for ma's reaction but i assured her she was giving ma the best gift she could, and that ma would love it...

"How is filming going?" She asked and i smiled... "Yeah it is going great we are ahead of schedule and i might have a few days off before we move on to Prague..." I say and ma smiles... "Are you enjoying France Elle?" She asked and Elle nodded... "It is beautiful here..." Elle said and Dodger put his head in her lap making ma laugh... "I see you and Dodger are getting along great..." Ma said and i chuckled... "That is the understatement of the century..." I said and Elle blushed...

"I dont understand?" Ma said and i chuckled again... "Dodger is glued to Elle... Won't leave her side... Dont even want to go on a walk with me if Elle isn't coming along... Is very protective over Elle..." I say and ma chuckled... "You have been replaced..." She said joking and i looked at Elle who nodded and pulled the ultrasound picture out of her bag...

"That... And he is being very protective of his baby sister or brother..." I said and Elle held up the picture... Ma looked at the screen and for a moment i think the screen had frozen up at us... "Ma?" I said and she started to smile... "Is that what i think it is..." She said her voice shaky and i could see she was tearing up...

"6 weeks and counting..." Elle whispered blushing and ma started to squeal and jumped up from her chair making Elle and i laugh... I squeezed Elle's leg again and kissed the side of her head... "Told you..." I mumbled and she chuckled... "Ma?!" I yelled and she stopped jumping around and sat back down again...

"Congratulations!! I didn't know you guys were trying for a baby..." She said surprised and out of breath... Elle and i blushed... "Well, we weren't... To tell you the truth... It is a happy accident..." I said and ma squealed again... "A very welcome happy accident..." Elle quickly added and i smile squeezing her leg again... "Very welcome... After the initial shock, we are very happy and over the moon..." I said and kissed Elle making her blush again.

"How are you feeling?" Ma asked Elle... "I am good... Tired quickly and a little queasy every now and then... But from the horror stories i heard, i have no reason to complain..." Elle said smiling and i looked at her as she was beaming... After her little freak out, she was now so happy and excited for the baby... It was like a calm had gotten over her and she had embarrassed it...

"Well, you are only 6 weeks so dont be surprised if you will get morning sickness... But i will pray for you to have an easy pregnancy... When i was pregnant with that one i did not..." Ma said pointing at me shaking her head. "I was so sick my whole first trimester... That i couldn't do anything..." Ma said and Elle looked a little worried... "I hope that will not be the case..." Elle said protectively putting her hand over her stomach. I took a deep breath a little annoyed at ma for bringing up horror stories...

"And the baby is good to?" Ma asked and we both nodded with a big smile... "Yes, the baby i healthy and looks to be developing like it should..." Elle said and ma squeaked again... "It is still early though... So, we would like you to keep this to yourself please... I know it is tough, but we just want to wait... Only you and Elle's dad know..." I say and ma nods and pretends to lock her mouth and throw away the key.