Chapter 31

Chris pov...

"You look really happy..." Scott says as we are driving to the store... "That's because, i am really happy..." I say smiling and Scott chuckles... "So, when are you going to ask her?" Scott asks and i look at him a little confused before looking at the road again... "Ask what?" I ask him, pretending i dont know what he is talking about...

"Dont be daft... Ask her to marry you... I know you want to..." Scott says and i sigh and turn bright red... "I uhm wanted to ask her in France... Bought the ring... Showed it to her dad when i asked for his blessing and he had her mother's ring with him and gave it to me... ... But before i could even plan something we found out she was pregnant and well... I know if i asked her then she would be thinking i would ask her because of the baby..." I say letting out another sigh...

It had been on my mind day and night but i couldn't come up with a way to ask her without her thinking that... "She wouldn't... Her dad gave you the ring before finding out, right?" Scott says and i look at him and nod before again looking at the road pulling into the store parking lot. I park the car and turn to him... "I asked his blessing when i picked him up from the airport... That is when he gave me the ring... Days before we found out she was pregnant." I say a little stunned as it never occurred to me that i couldn't have the ring if didn't think about it before we found out she was pregnant and i just want to slap myself in the head...

"Well as long as you ask her before she sees her dad again... I mean she probably knows about her mother's ring..." Scott says and i sigh and shake my head... "I just can't find a way how... I want to make it special..." I say softly and Scott chuckles... "Well good thing i got your back big bro..." He says and i chuckle...

"She loves plants, right?" Scott asks and i nod smiling... "Yeah..." I say my smile getting bigger thinking about her humming and dancing with music in her ears..."Well, what about the Huntington botanical gardens..." He says smirking and i look at him surprised... "That..." I say stunned and Scott his smirk gets wider... "That is actually... perfect..." I whisper and Scott chuckles and slaps my shoulder... "I know... I'll leave the rest up to you... Just let me know if you need me." He says smirking and we both get out of the car... "I will... I might have an idea..." I say smirking. "Thanks..." I say and he smirks.

Scott grabs a cart, and we walk into the store. "So, what does she need?" Scott asks and i show him the list... "Question..." Scott says smirking at me while we start to get everything on the list... "Whose cooking do you like best... Elle or mom..." He says and i look at him stunned... "You can't ask me that...!" I say loudly and he laughs... "Good to know some things will never change..." He says laughing and i look at him annoyed. "Still a momma's boy..." He says and i chuckle and shake my head... "Am not..." I mumble pouting a little bit and Scott chuckles...

"For that remark you have to help move her stuff from her apartment in Hartford to my place..." I say and Scott chuckles again... "Fine... From what i understood from ma most of it is already at your place..." He says and i sigh... "Of course, ma told on me..." I mumble and Scott chuckles again. "Ma is just happy and excited about you and Elle. She really likes Elle..." Scott says and this makes me smile.

"I know... She texts everyday with Elle to ask how she is doing and feeling..." I say smiling. "That is sweet... I haven't talked to ma yet but i bet she is over the moon to get another grandbaby..." Scott says chuckling and i chuckle to... "That is the understatement of the year..." I say and we both laugh.

My phone rings and i smile seeing it is Elle and pick up... "Hey sweetheart what's up..." I say and i grin as she adds a few more things to the shopping list... "Ice cream... Oreo's... Crackers... Lemons... Lots of Lemons..." I repeat as she says it to Scott who all rights it down so we dont forget.