Chapter 43

"Hey sweetie..." I hear a soft voice say and when i open my eyes i flinch a little as Lisa is sitting on the edge of the bed... "Li..Lisa... What is wrong?" I ask a little panicked... "Nothing is wrong sweetheart..." She says calming me down... "Chris was about to wake you up but i asked if i could and he told me i could..." She says giving me a reassuring smile...

"I wanted to talk to you for a second if you dont mind..." She says and i look at her worried taking a deep breath... "Did i do something wrong?" I ask my voice shaky, and she smiles and shakes her head... "No sweetheart... But your friends told me what happened and i just wanted you to know that nobody thinks badly about you and your baby will be embraced and loved... Just like you... We all love you and are so happy that you and Chris are getting married with a beautiful baby on the way." She says and tears spring in my eyes...

"Thank you..." I say tears no streaming down my face... "Oh sweetie..." She says and wraps me in her arms hugging me tightly like a mother would do... That breaks me even more as i missed my mother now that i was becoming one even more... "I mis my mom..." I admit softly sobbing and i can feel Lisa take in a sharp breath... "I know sweetie... I know... But she is looking out for you and the baby from heaven... I know she is proud and loves you so much... I never met her but from the stories i heard about her i know she was a wonderful woman and loved you so much..." Lisa whispers as she holds me a little tighter...

When we pull out of the hug, she wipes the hair out of my face and smiles... "Now go clean up and get dressed and share your wonderful news with the people who love you and Chris..." She says smiling and i take a deep breath and nod... She leaves the room and i take a quick little shower and get dressed... My bump is on full display as the only way to hide it is to wear lose clothing but today i went for a tight dress... No need to hide it today...

There is a knock on the door and i smile as Chris walks in... I look at him through the mirror as i put the finishing touches on my hair... He steps behind me and wraps his hand around my waist putting his hands on my bump kissing my shoulder... "Our guests have arrived..." He says and i look at him shocked... "They are already here?" I say and he nods... "Yes, i wanted to let you sleep as long as possible... Skyler and Eve have been entertaining the people... Serving drinks and such..." Chris says and i blush...

I turn in his grip and wrap my arms around his waist putting my head on his chest letting out a big sigh... "Talk to me sweetheart..." He whispers and i sigh... "All these emotions are hard to regulate sometimes... So conflicting... I am so happy and then all of a sudden, the thought of my mother hits me and all i want to do is cry... The hormones are not helping..." I mumble and Chris puts his finger under my chin making me look up at him... "It's okay sweetheart... That is perfectly normal..." He says and i smile as he gives me a sweet kiss... "Chris... Can we visit her grave tomorrow..." I whisper and he nods... "Of course, sweetheart..." He whispers and i take a deep breath kiss him again and step out of his grip. "Ready?" He asks and i nod as he takes my hand, and we walk out...

Everyone is indeed here already and i smile looking around as people are talking, laughing and sipping on their drinks. My dad and Scott are laughing and i smile happy he is here... Tara is talking with Eve and Skyler and Lisa is with Shanna and Carly putting the finishing touches on the food...

"Ready?" Chris whispers in my ear and i smile at him and nod... He wraps his arm around me resting his hand on my hip as he pulls me in his side before clearing his throat and asking everybody's attention...

All eyes turn to us and i can feel my breath catch in my throat. People are looking at us curious and some are whispering among themselves... I focus on my dad who is smiling at me... His friendly smiling face calms me down a bit and i take a deep breath sliding my arm around Chris his waist putting my hand in his back pocket and he looks at me and winks a big smile on his face.