Chapter 15

Chris pov...

"My daughter told me to be nice and behave... But i am going to cut right to the chase..." David said before taking a sip of his beer and i took a deep breath bracing myself for what's to come... I dont know what it was about this man... But he demanded respect and something inside of me told me he was not one to be messed with... Especially when it came to his daughter... I could see that around her he was softer... But she was not here... He was now in full dad protection mode... This was it... This was what was going to set the tone for the future between him and i and i wanted so desperately for him to like me... Even if it was a little...

"That is my little girl in there..." He says pointing to the door we just came through... I swallow hard and nod... "She might be all grown up... 30 years old... An adult... But she is still and always be my little girl..." He says and i nod again... "You might be a big shot out there..." He says pointing outside... "But in here... You are not that... In here you are and always will be my daughter's boyfriend... I dont care about your fame... Your money... In here you will always be beneath her... In this house she is number 1... All i care about is that she is happy and cared for... But above all loved and respected..." He says and i nod...

"Tell me Chris... Are you serious about my daughter... Are you able and willing to give her all that? Because if you are not... You have to let her go... She is not the type of girl for a few months and if she is that to you... You will break her... I will not let you break her... She has been through enough heartbreak for a lifetime..." He says the look on his face serious and determined... Not to be messed with... This man would break me in half if i would hurt his daughter... "Do you think you are the man for my daughter... Do you think you are good enough?" He asks and i take a deep breath...

"Yes, i am serious about her... But no i dont think i am good enough... But to be fair i dont think anyone is good enough for her... But somehow i got lucky enough for her to love me... But i am willing to do everything in my power to come close to being good enough... I love her... God knows i had my fair share of relationships and i thought i knew what it meant to love someone... But with Elle... It is different... What i feel for her i have never felt... It feels like she is my oxygen and i need her to breath... I would do anything just to see her smile..." I say and he smiles...

"Okay, Hollywood... This is not a Hallmark movie..." He says laughing and i chuckle... "I am serious though... I would move heaven and earth to see her smile and do her little happy dance..." I say and this made David laugh. "She does that does she..." He says and i nod... "Her mother did that to..." He says smiling and finally sits down next to me on the bench taking in a deep breath...

"God, she looks like her mother more and more every day..." He says before taking another sip of his beer and i smile... "I had hoped Elle never had to go through the pain i felt when she died... But unfortunately..." He says not finishing his sentence... "Sorry..." He says and i shake my head... "Dont be... I know about Rick..." I say and he looks at me surprised... "You do?" He says and i nod and smile... "Yes, she told me... Showed me the picture..." I say and her dad starts to laugh... Really laugh... "God i remember the look on her face when she got the email with the picture attached... I think she stared at the monitor for hours as she just couldn't believe it..." He says and i blush and chuckle...

"I remembered him... He was funny and nice... He didn't stop talking about Elle... He loved her so much you could see it in his eyes and hear it in the way he talked about her..." I say and David nods... "It broke her when she found out he died... It broke me to see her so broken... I had to literally hold her up at the funeral... After the funeral she stayed in bed for months only getting out to go to work... Slowly but surely, she crawled out of that dark hole... So, i am asking you... To please not put her back into that black hole..." He says and i nod...