Chapter 96

Tomorrow we are getting married... Tomorrow... I take in a sharp breath as i look outside... My dad had asked me over after the rehearsal dinner tonight... The whole day was filled with rehearsals... He wanted me to come over alone... He wanted to have a little talk... Father to daughter... I had no idea what about... He was making tea right now. I was staring at the tree. The tree was doing great here. It was blooming, the pink flowers are brightening up the whole yard... I smile it is a beautiful sight as the sun is sinking down behind the tree... It looks so magical.

 But it is a bitter smile as the tree reminds me that my mother is not here to see me get married tomorrow... There will be a seat with her picture and name on it and the centerpieces all had a branch of the tree in it... Carefully cut by the tree surgeon who also had moved the tree. It was a little thought to somehow have it feel like she was there... It was my dad's idea and Chris and i loved it... I sigh as my dad walks over holding two cups of tea...

"Let's sit outside, yeah?" He asks and i nod. I follow him outside to little bench and sit down... I am still wearing my white He hands me the cup of tea and i smile... I was still wearing the white outfit from the rehearsal dinner. "So why did you ask me over..." I say sweetly smiling at him... He takes in a deep sigh... "I just wanted to ask if you are still sure..." He says and i look at him confused. "If i am still sure about what?" I ask and he clears his throat. "About getting married..." He says and i feel my heart drop. He is going to say i shouldn't get married. Why... Why would he ask this... I feel myself get a bit agitated. 

"What kind of question is that?!" I say a little louder then intended and put my tea down hard spilling it all over the table... He looks at me with big eyes as he sees the anger on my face. But i am not done... "What... A day for my wedding you are going to say it is a mistake? Do you not like Chris...?!" I now yell and he puts his tea down to... "What! NO! Please calm down and sit..." He says but i put my hands on my hips and stubbornly shake my head. There is no way i am listening now... "I will not... You better explain this..." I growl and my dad sighs before letting out a groan...

"I just wanted to make sure... One of my former work buddies... Well, his daughter..." He sighs and pauses for a second... "My buddy thought his daughter was happy... It turns out she is not... He kept saying that he regrets missing the signs and such... That if he had known how it was before they got married, he would have talked to his daughter and told her it was okay to back out... That he wished he had talked with her before they gotten married... To safe her from the pain of a divorce... To safe her from all the pain she had gone through in her marriage..." Dad says looking at his feet and i sigh...

He was just looking out for me... Giving me an out if i wanted to... And although it was a bit insulting i also thought it was a little sweet... "Dad..." I say taking his hand... "I am happy... Chris is amazing and i am sure... I love that you are trying to look out for me. But you know Chris loves me... He will do everything to make me and Faye happy... He will never hurt me..." I say and he nods and looks at me with tears in his eyes... "I just want to cover all my bases... I will never forgive myself if it turns out you gotten married because at this point you felt like there was no way back..." He whispers and i smile... "I am sure... I love Chris... We already are practically married... I love my life with Chris and our little girl... My little family... And we are your family to..." I say smiling and wipe away a tear of his cheek....

"When did you became so grown up..." He sighs wiping away a tear and i chuckle... "I am sorry... I know Chris is a good guy and will make a great husband... Just like you will make an amazing wife and he should thank God on his knees every day for having you next to him..." He says and i chuckle blushing... "It is just... You are still my little girl..." He says and i smile and hug him... "Thanks..." I whisper and he cries even louder so i hug him tighter... "Thanks for being an amazing father... Thanks for always caring and keeping me safe..." I whisper and he kisses the top of my head... "I love you princess..." He murmurs and i smile... "Love you to, dad..." I mumble. "I will always be your little girl... Not getting any taller..." I mumble and he chuckles...

We pull apart and he wipes away his tears... "Is everything ready for tomorrow?" He asks and i smile and nod... "Yes... I will go to Skyler and Eve to get ready taking Faye with me. I will leave at 11 in the morning... Are you going to have trouble getting ready?" I ask and he shakes his head... "Nope... Chris taught me to tie my tie... So, i am good..." He says and i look surprised... "When?" I ask and he chuckles... "When we went to buy our suits... Or tuxes... Whatever they are..." He says and i smile... "I can't believe i am going to see you in a suit..." I whisper and he rolls his eyes... "I can't believe it either..." He mumbles letting out a sigh and i giggle... 

While dad sits back down i go to take a cloth to clean up my spill. I sigh as i see a photo album laying on the coffee table... On my way back out i take it with me... I sit down next to him and hand it to him... "Let's watch it together..." I whisper and he smiles but the smile does not reach his eyes... All of a sudden it hits me... And i want to slap myself for being so selfish that i hadn't noticed that this must be a hard time for him to... That seeing me get married is a stark reminder that his wife is not here... 

"I might not know a whole lot about mom... Not from personal experience... But i know she didn't want you to be sad..." I whisper as he opens the book, and the first picture is them both smiling from ear to ear... He doesn't answer... It is a beautiful picture.... They had just gotten married... They didn't have a big wedding, but they looked so happy... 

"Dad, why dont you go to get ready at our place tomorrow. With Chris, Scott, Sebastian and Anthony..." I say and he sighs... "I dont want to impose..." He mumbles and i chuckle... "Dad he would love to have you there... Besides... You can keep an eye on him for me..." I say smirking and dad chuckles... "If he is okay with that, then okay..." He says and i smile laying my head on his shoulder... "He will..." I mumble as we turn the page...

After an hour or two i walk back home. The house is quiet, and Dodger is the first to run up to me... "Are you ready for tomorrow to? You did so good today... Such a good boy..." I whisper scratching him behind his ears. He wags his tail. He loved being the one to run down the aisle with our rings... Faye was too small to and would be carried by Eve... Originally the plan was to have Skyler carry her... But we found out today that somehow when Skyler held her, she would scream bloody murder... When Eve did, she would be quiet and just coo a little... Thank God for rehearsals... 

As i walk into the living room i smile... Chris is asleep on the couch with Faye sleeping on his chest... I chuckle and take a picture as they look so much the same right now... Both their mouths open a little bit a drop of drool hanging out... I chuckle and take a wipe out of my purse wiping the drool away without waking them... I sigh and cuddle up beside Chris...Without waking up he puts his arm around me pulling me close... 

Originally, we had planned on spending this night apart but as the day drew closer, we both hated the idea. So, to everyone's disappointment we didn't... We would just be home... Together...