Chapter 8

I feel all giddy and excited as i pull Chris through the door of the garden center... "God i love this place..." I mumble looking around me at all the plants and taking in a deep breath... I think Chris is looking at me like i have lost my mind... He just smiles at me with that million-dollar smile that makes me weak in the knees and i blush... "What?" I whisper and he chuckles... "You are just too cute..." He whispers and kisses my forehead making me blush... "I'll go get a cart..." He says and i chuckle and nod... I wait with Dodger and look around at all the options... I have some ideas but i have to ask Chris what he wants... It is his house after all... He has to look after them and has to like the way it looks...

I smile as Chris walks over with the cart smiling... "Okay..." I say rubbing my hands together and Chris chuckles... "What do you want...?" I say and he shrugs his shoulders... "Go crazy sweetheart... You can do anything you like..." He says smiling and i look at him confused and a little baffled... "What?" I say in disbelief and Chris chuckles again... "You decide... I didn't know what to do with the space and you got ideas so... You decide..." He says and i look at him now completely stunned... "But Chris... This is your home..." I whisper and he smirks walks over to me and cups my face... "I know you will make it amazing sweetheart... You love the space... I can see it in your eyes when you look around it... You picture it in your head..." He whispers and i blush... "So go nuts... Make it how you like... No budget..." He says and my eyes grow wide... "No budget?" I whisper again i complete disbelief and he smirks and nods... "No... No... I can't... I can't spend your money..." I whisper and he smirks... "You are not spending my money sweetheart... I am... I just am asking you for advice on what to get... So, plant me up..." He says smirking and i giggle...

"Are you really sure...?" I whisper and he smiles and nods and i take in a sharp breath my mind racing for a second... This is not buying stuff for me right... This is stuff for his house... This is like having an interior decorator... I think to myself and taking a deep breath again... "Okay... But if you dont like something you have to be honest..." I say and he smiles and nods... "Deal..." He says and i start to smile and he chuckles before kissing me again... "You might want to get another cart right away..." I whisper and he laughs... I walk around thinking looking around Dodger walking beside me patiently following me as i walk up and down between the plants... Chris just watches me with a big smile on his face... I start with these wooden planters to put in front of the windows... "You like these? I think they will go nice with the furniture..." I say and Chris nods smiling... I think and count in my head and come to 6 big windows and Chris smiles and goes to get someone who works here...

"How many do you need sweetheart..." He asks as the man joins us and i smile... "6." I say, and Chris asks the man to put aside 6 for us and he looks at and nods and waves over some other workers and i blush as in no time they have the 6 i picked out put aside... "Now to the fun stuff..." I say and i pick out plants putting them in the cart and quickly the cart is full and Chris hands it over to one of the garden center workers... A few minutes later the man brings us a new cart and Chris thanks him...

Chris is just watching me again only helping if he needs to carry stuff... Dodger is still following me around and with every plant i ask Dodger what he thinks... We walk on and i see hanging plants and squeal and run over and pick out 6... 1 for each window... I then see this big palm plants and i look at Chris who smirks and once again calls over the man and i point to two for him to put aside... I am totally in my element, and this is so much fun...

I pick out some more plants to put above the table and a side table to put against the wall and i pick plants to put on them... "Okay i think this is it..." I say and Chris smiles... "Dont you want to pick out something for yourself?" He asks and i shake my head... Chris doesn't push it and smiles, and we go to pay... I dont want to hear what it is all going to cost because i am sure i am going to feel bad for costing him so much money, so while Chris is arranging for the big stuff to be delivered and he pays for everything i walk with Dodger to the exit and wait for him there...