Chapter 19

Chris walks me into the living room where officers are taking pictures with the man who was walking around the house... I recognize his silhouette and seeing him now, i just want the world to swallow me whole... "Oh God please kill me..." I whisper in a groan... Chris chuckles and i look up squinting my eyes at him... "Please tell me i didn't call the cops on Dwayne 'the rock' Johnson..." I whisper feeling absolutely horrified wanting to just disappear and Chris shakes his head... "Technically Scott did..." Chris says joking with a smirk on his face and i roll my eyes... "God i am so ashamed... Can you kill me now?" I whisper and Chris takes a deep breath as he has a twinkle in his eyes trying to do his absolute best to not laugh...

"Dwayne! I want to introduce you to my girl Elle..." Chris says getting his attention and Dwayne looks at me and i turn bright red... "I am so sorry Mr. Johnson..." I whisper but he smiles at me and walks over holding out his hand for me to shake... "Please call me Dwayne and dont worry about it... I am sorry for scaring you... Are you okay?" He asks and i want the world to swallow me again as he is so kind... I nod... "I am fine... Dying of embarrassment but fine..." I whisper and Dwayne laughs... "Give me a hug..." He says and Chris lets me go and Dwayne pulls me into a hug and if i felt small around Chris i feel even smaller as he hugs me...

"I really am sorry..." I say again this time my voice a little louder as i regain some of my confidence... Dwayne chuckles again... "It is okay... I understand Evans explained..." He says and lets me go... "I hope you are staying for dinner..." I whisper inviting him without even talking with Chris about it but i felt like i had to make it up to him somehow and the only thing i could think off was with food... He smiles and nods... "I would love to..." He says and i smile for the first time since everything went off... I look at Chris who winks at me and pulls me back under his arm...

I apologize to the officers, but they are all to hyped and excited to have gotten a photo opportunity with Dwayne and Chris so they dont mind and repeat what officer Grant said earlier... Better call and it be nothing than not call and it be something... I thank officer Grant for his kindness, and they all leave... "Why dont you two go do have a drink and i continue with everything for the BBQ maybe set up everything outside so it will be ready when the guest arrives..." I say as i already have lost valuable time... "Do you want me to call ma to help you?" Chris asks and i shake my head... "Nope... She is our guest... She is not going to lift a finger..." I say and Chris smirks...

"Something i can do?" Dwayne asks me and i shake my head... "Not for me... But maybe for Chris... Now go and leave me alone in the kitchen you both would just get in the way..." I say smiling and Chris and Dwayne chuckle... "Well, you heard the lady, Evans... Put me to work..." He says and Chris smirks...

They leave the kitchen and i let out a sigh and look around... I chuckle as Dodger is sitting beside me again... He had been going around the room when all the officers were still here begging and getting attention from every single one...

I pat his head and give him a kiss on top off his head... "Such a good boy staying by my side..." I whisper and i give him another blue berry... All of a sudden, the doorbell rings and i jump a little... But before i can even react the door opens and closes and a little comprehensive i peak around the corner letting out a sigh of relief when it is Scott... "Hey..." I say blushing and he sees me and let's out a sigh of relief and before i can even say more he pulls me into a hug... "Are you okay?" He says relief and worry in his voice and i hug him back... I am a little overwhelmed by his care for me... We had gotten to know each other better when he stayed here... But still i hadn't expected this...

"I am fine... Ashamed... But fine..." I say and he chuckles... "Tiny... a man build like a brick wall shows up... You dont recognize him so it is no wonder you are scared... Hell i would be scared... I am just happy you are okay... And i am sorry... I should have put two and two together and realize it was Dwayne at the door..." He says and lets out a sigh... "But i am glad you are okay... Everyone is okay and i begged Chris to invest in a camera doorbell..." Scott says and i chuckle...