Getting Over Things

Reine pov: I am a mess-even though I know Kiara will be back, I can't handle her being ashes. I have never liked it. It has always hurt me to see her like that.

"Auntie, are you alright?" Clara asked as she knocked at the door.

I looked up and walked towards the door, opening it slightly and peeking outside the room, seeing my two nieces outside.

"I'm fine; you two don't have to worry." I told them with a sniffle.

"You're fine, huh?" Mumei said as she jumped through the window.

I smiled a tiny bit at seeing Mumei "come here." She suddenly said

"Wai-" I tried to yell, but all of a sudden I was transported to the council room. I looked around, confused as to why she took me here.

"We are going to the prison where Omega is. We are going to have a little talk. I thought you would want to come," She said.

"Of course I do..." I snarled

"Actually, I have one more favor. Can you go talk to Irys as well and see if she will shut up?" Mumei asked

Wait, why Reine and not me!?" Bae asked

"Because we need to talk to you as we set up the gate to the prison," Mumei claimed.

"Sure, I can try," I mentioned.

"That would be a big help," Mumei told me calmly.

I was led to Irys's room by Zeta, and she patted my shoulder. "Good luck, senpai," She said as she walked away.

I entered the room and saw Anerys sitting at her bedside. "She kind of responds to me," She mentioned.

"Hey Irys..." I said softly and walked towards her. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it, only to feel her squeeze back.

"Are you awake?" I questioned

"Are you close? She seems to be responding to you," Anerys said.

"We are somewhat close; however, I feel like I'm not the best one to do this," I said.

"Why?" Anerys questioned her as she tightly clasped her sister's hand.

"Well, I'm grieving right now because Kiara became ashes once again; usually I wouldn't come out of my room." I laughed.

Anerys could see my sadness in my laugh, grabbing my hand soon after and squeezing it.

"Wha-what is this?" I asked

"You are close to Kiara, yes?" She asked

"Yeah, I love her," I replied.

"I understand I am in a similar headspace since my little sister is in this comatose state; she keeps repeating the same words over and over, but this time she has finally stopped talking," Anerys claimed.

"We can't go-the prison is dangerous," She said.

I didn't know what that meant, but all I know is that I have to stop her from doing this and snap her awake.

"Irys, what is dangerous?" I asked

"I don't know," She said.

I noticed her eyes had turned colorful again, and she looked deep into my eyes, wanting me to continue to question her, but I don't know what to say to this whatsoever.

"We have to go to the prison, though," I said.

Irys seemed out of it. My words stumped her. I didn't know why she couldn't process my words at all, but she eventually shook off whatever she was feeling.

"I don't want anyone to be in danger again, though, and I'm starving!" Irys said

"Sis, we can get you food." Anerys replied

"Yes, give me good food, please!" Irys said loudly:

Anerys helped her sister out of the bed, and I watched as the younger Nephlim stumbled forward, saying, "I'm fine." She tried to say something, but her older sister still pitied her and carried her out to the others.

"Irys!" Bae cried as she ran and hugged the girl tightly.

"Urk. Bae my shoulders!" Irys mumbled in agony.

"Oh, I apologize for hurting you," she stated.

"It's fine. I love you after all," Irys giggled.

I saw Calli pull out Kiara's ashes and point the container towards Irys, saying, "Do you see this Kiara? Irys is awake." Calli said

"Kiara, come back when you feel like the time is right," I softly said.

Calli looked at me astonished that I would say that because I should be the person that wants her to come back the most, and I truly do, but at the same time, seeing how Anerys responded to Irys being in a coma kind of made me realize I can't beat myself up over something I couldn't control.

Mumei, can I please go to the prison with you?" I asked

Mumei smirked at me. "I didn't only bring you here just to talk to Irys; this was always the plan," She told me.

"I still think it's not a good idea to put everyone in so much danger!" Bae said

"Stop Bae, there is danger if we go to prison today, but we can handle ourselves. Have faith," Irys told her.

Grrr. The nephlim's stomach growled, and she blushed in embarrassment.

"You should probably eat," Mumei said.

We went to get her something to eat with Mumei, and we all sat around them as they both hailed the pile of food in front of them.

Damn, Irys, you're acting like you haven't eaten in a while!" Bae said

Irys glared at her and sighed, "I haven't; I was in a coma." She replied

"Are you full, darling?" Fauna asked Mumei

"Yes, I am thanking you for asking, and also, Kronii, hand Sana the coordinates so she can make a gate," Mumei said.

"Got it," Kronii replied. She handed Sana a sheet of paper, and the speaker of space glanced at it before making a portal.

"Let's go," She stated.

All of us entered the portal, and when we came out on the other side, I was hit by a sense of dread. I was nervous here and couldn't see anything through the thick fog lacing the area.

Mumei suddenly held my hand. "I'm here for you," she stated.

I smiled suddenly, feeling at ease. I'm happy she can be here for me.