Flames of Eternity

Kiara pov: "Mumei, can you fill me in?" I asked my owl sister

"Thanks to you, Omegaα was sealed; remember that?" She questioned

I nodded in response. "I do," I told her.

"They are locked in this prison. I came here to see if I could maybe make negotiations, but more importantly, I wanted to see Nerissa and have her become our little sister."

I nodded and looked at the raven girl before us. "I love you!" She cooed all of a sudden.

"I love you two." I said it with confusion.

No-Kiara, she means she loves you like she is in love with you!" Reine said

"I'm well aware..." I told her

I flew forward. "Eh," Nerissa said in shock, but she couldn't even respond. I swung my blade, and she was instantly engulfed in fire.

Mumei stared at me in awe, shocked at me. "You got stronger," She commented.

"I did..." I told her

As the fire dissipated, Nerissa revealed herself completely; her clothes were burned to ashes. She began to laugh before trying to stab me, but unfortunately, my armor was too strong for her.

Mumei and Reine flew in, and with a triple swing of our blades, we sent a strong projectile point blank at the raven. She made a loud, high-pitched soundwave that blocked the attack, and we tried to battle as the attacks collided, getting pushed back and forth.

"Come on-we birds are stronger together!" Reine yelled

"I'm aware," Nerissa said.

"Isn't it cold?" I asked her as she managed to get the upper hand in the struggle.

"Ahn-Kiara-senpai is worried about me?" She whined with happiness.

This girl has problems, but as I told Reine before, there is nothing wrong with loving someone as long as you are happy.

Kiara, stop holding back!" Mumei yelled

She was right. I couldn't hold back and potentially get Reine and her hurt. I put more of my back into it and blasted her with the three blasts. Her body was burned by the attacks, but she somehow protected herself from them.

"Oww..." She growled

We didn't want to hurt her, but she gave us no choice.

Without warning, she flew at us and began to smack us with her staff. When we tried to get close to attack, she blasted us away with a sound wave, so she was racking up damage quickly.

Mumei dashed forward in midair. I didn't think her attack was going to work, "Zeta!" She screamed

"What senpai?" The gray-haired secret agent asked

"Can you grab her!?" Mumei asked

Zeta immediately jumped up and grabbed Nerissa, so she couldn't move. "What are you doing?" the girl asked after

"I don't know if this will work." She told us

I swear, as she got close to Nerissa and slashed at her, Mumei's face resembled a demon. Nothing happened when the slash was finished. "Bloogh..." Blood spewed out of Nerissa's mouth.

"I thought I actually cut you both in half." The owl girl sighed with relief.

"Wha-What!?" Zeta said with shock

"Sorry, I'm testing my powers out," She said.

"It's fine, senpai, but why did you try the most risky one first?" Zeta asked

Mumei paused and looked down, tilting her head to the side. "Fair point," she said.

"My body-wha...what did you do?" Nerisss asked

"I didn't actually slash you, nor is there a mark or cut; you will feel all the pain as if I did slash through you," she explained.

"You are too strong!" Nerissa yelled

"We wouldn't have to fight if you just went with us quietly." Reine exclaimed

I was shocked to see Reine kick Nerissa directly in the stomach. Ughn!" She growled.

Reine began to fall, and I took this chance to fly in. I extended my leg for her to grab before I blasted Nerissa with my fire. At some point, Zeta let go and let herself slam into the ground.

"No matter what, I can't give in." Nerissa told us

"Fair enough," I claimed.

The raven girl hit Reine to the ground, leaning on Mumei, and I left.

"Senpai, move," She said.

"Not a chance," I said.

Looking down, I saw Calli fighting and struggling, so I'm worried about her right now. I don't want her to get hurt.

Mumei and I powered up, and we flew in, putting all our energy and power into one last slash. Nerissa also reciprocated, and the three of us clashed instinctually. I launched the fire but was shocked as it shot out of a large pillar. I saw that all around us, things began to rise and fall.

"What is going on?" Nerissa asked

"We messed up!" Mumei told us

Our attacks finally condensed into a small ball of energy, but it erupted into a large explosion, covering the whole area. Everything went dark.

"Kiara, wake up!" Calli yelled as she shook me awake.

"Where are we?" I asked

"The prison...we won," Mumei claimed.

"So we put the twins in prison, then you take Nerissa, right?" Calli asked

"Actually, I've been thinking we should let Nerissa and the twins get out of here," Mumei said.

"What-then why the hell did we do all of this?" Calli asked

"We will watch them, but I don't think we really have that to worry about." Mumei claimed

"Why?" Bae asked

Mumei sighed and picked up a rock. She threw it up, but we were shocked that it began to float.

"The world is broken." Mumei explained

"We may have gone a little overboard," I laughed.

"We did..." Mumei sighed.

She snapped her fingers and clothes for Nerissa appeared, and the owl placed them next to her. "Let's go," She told us.

"To where?" I asked.

"Kiara, you and I will hide out with Reine and just watch," Mumei said.

"The world is broken." Calli said she was trying to learn more about that.

"Don't worry about it; the council has it covered," Irys said.

Mumei, are you sure it's okay to let these people go?" Bae asked

"Of course not, but now we need someone to lure someone out since they clearly escaped."

Mumei didn't elaborate further; she just began to walk away.