The Glorius Middle Child

Nerissa pov: "Mumei-senpai, I feel someone familiar around here." I mentioned

The beautiful owl looked at me and tilted her head. "Who?" She asked in a cute fashion.

"Nerissa, it's time for you to come home," a familiar woman said to me.

I gazed up at the tree and saw Anerissa. She was staring at me. Why is she here right now?

"Does mom want me back?" I asked

Anerissa nodded. "I don't know why," she said.

My first oldest sister and also the middle child, she is the only other sibling of mine who is a demon of sound. She and I aren't similar at all; she is shorter than me, but she is well endowed.

My family consists of Mamarissa, my father, Mr. Ravencroft, Oneerissa, Anerissa, me, and then Brorissa, my younger brother.

"Come on home, Nerissa!" Anerissa said

"Fuck no, I'm busy!" I said

"Can we fight, please?" Ririka asked

"In a minute-Nerrisa, maybe you should go to see your family and then come back," Mumei-senpai said.

"No, you are my family!" I shouted

I don't feel like it. Oneerissa is a priestess of light or whatever, so we are nothing alike. My little brother isn't into what I do much either, and my mom and dad don't know how they feel about me.

"Come on... an owl as your family?" Anerissa questioned

"Leave me alone!" I screamed, shooting a soundwave at my older sister, but she dodged it.

"Shit, damn, you really are going for the kill," she said.

I flew forward and attacked my sister. "Go away!" I yelled

My older sister dodged my assault and clearly wanted me to fight her. She was going to lead me back home.

"I'll be back, Mumei-senpai!" I yelled

My sister shot sound at me, but I kept dodging them. "Damn it."

I can't keep letting her move me around like this. I have to make sure I can't be taken home.

"Nerissa, why are you so against going home?" Anerissa asked

I glared at her face and spat on the ground, "Because I want to be alone." I said

"You were locked up for years, and now that you escaped, you didn't even think to talk about us!" She shouted

I know that I eventually would have, but they will stop me from fighting the gods. I can't deal with that.

"Come on, Nerissa, please come with us!" She shouted

"Us?" I asked.

"Oneerissa is coming to collect you too," she said.

Damn, she is a little late. I can't do this if she shows up. She's too strong. At least I can handle the middle child, but not the oldest. I need to continue to think about my future, and if they drag me back, then I can't do my dreams. I don't want to do anything right now.

"Leave me alone; I don't want you to get involved!" I shouted

"Involved in what?" Anerissa asked

"Shit, well, don't fucking ask!" I sang a shooting sound at her.

The soundwave slammed into her, and she flew backward, smashing into the trees around us.

"Nerissa, why are you actually going all out?" Anerissa asked

"Because in order to kill the gods, I need to be alone." I said

"You want to kill the gods? That is impossible. You are going to die if you try to do so. You aren't strong enough!"

Anerissa is right, but at the same time, I won't let it happen. I want to keep fighting. I want to fight the gods. I need my revenge for what they did to me.

"I can't support your mission!" Anerissa yelled

I shook my head. "You will," I said.

I ran around and shot sound at her, trying to hit her. "Damn it, Nerissa, stop it!" She said. My sister shot sound waves at me as well.

I dodged all of them, but the debris that launched up hit me in the face, and I was knocked down.

"Oww..." I hissed as I felt blood drip down my face.

"Come home with us," Anerissa said.

"No. Leave me alone," I groaned.

"Nerissa, enough with your selfishness!" Anerissa yelled

"My selfishness!?" I yelled

She is the one who wants to make me go home against my will. All I want is revenge, and I will get it any way possible.

"You are my younger sister. I don't want you to get harmed in any way, so please stop making me use force and come home."She shouted

"No," I panted.

Before she could blast me and knock me out, Mumei-senpai launched past me and sliced my sister with her knife. No blood emerged, but clearly she was hit.

"Let her decide her own path!" She yelled

I questioned what happened to Ririka, but I sensed that Reine-senpai took over that fight temporarily until I was back.

Anerissa began to fire rapid fire shots of sound at Mumei-senpai, and the owl kept dodging and flying around, not getting hit once.

She is stronger than me for sure, and this is the level I need to attain in order to fight the gods on equal footing.

"Why are you so adamant that my sister should stay on her path?" Anerissa asked

"I'm not sure. I just think that she needs to figure things out herself; she is her own person, not dictated to by you!" She said

"Of course that should be the case, but she needs to go home," an older girl said.

I gulped and knew my scenario was looking bleak as Oneerissa descended upon us.

"Hello..." She told me calmly.

I shot sound at her, and she gracefully dodged it before blinding me with light. She then grabbed me and began to fly away with me. However, Mumei-senpai snuck my sister and kicked her to the ground, grabbing me, and she flew back over to Bijou.

"You stay here..." She said

"Wait why!?" I asked

She looked at me. "I'm sending you back home," is all she told me.

I want to fight, though.