A Raven In The Family

Nerissa pov: Mumei-senpai and I had been clashing for about a minute, and already I felt exhaustion.

"Come on, Nerissa, can we at least be civil about this?" My owl-senpai asked

"Civil-I'm free for the first time after forever, and when I'm stopped by you, the first thing you want me to do is be civil? I don't blame the council for this, and I don't want to fight, but you're giving me no choice."

Mumei-senpai sighed once again, more annoyed than ever before by my defiance. "I'm trying to!" She yelled at me.

"Cut it. I don't want you to pity me," I said.

"I don't know how to pity anyone, but I do know how to love!" Mumei-senpai said

Well, I won't play sister."

Mumei-senpai bit down on her lip in frustration towards me. I could tell she understood where I came from, but she refused to let this sister thing go.

"Birds need to stick together." She told me

"Stop forcing your ideology onto me; I want space right now!" I yelled at her.

I shot a soundwave at her; it almost hit her, but a gray-haired girl jumped in front of it, blocking it. She was pushed into Mumei-senpai, sending them booth-flying "Zeta!" Mumei-senpai yelled. She grabbed her and put her on the ground safely.

"Sorry, I moved without thinking." Zeta-senpai panted

Mumei-senpai pats the girl on the head firmly. "It's alright, but I got this." She affirmed

"Come on, why are you so fixated on me being your sister?" I asked her

"Because we all have something in common, we suffered due to things that happened in our lives, but together we can make things better, and we can be happy. Nerissa I know you care about me-I know you will agree, so please just hear me out and let's leave together!"

"Mumei-senpai, your words have meaning, but betrayal is on the horizon." I replied

Mumei-senpai glared at me and squeezed her dagger tighter than before as she flew up. "I guess fighting is the only option." She stated

"Yes, it is," I claimed.

She flew at me within a blink of an eye and swung her dagger. I barely managed to block it with my staff. She turned in midair, suddenly hitting me with a powerful kick to the face. As I stumbled back, she kneed me in the face.

I realized immediately that she was going easy on me. She could have easily stabbed through my neck or forehead, but she didn't.

"Tsk..." I spat before shooting off soundwaves, each of a different octave.

Mumei-senpai dodged all of them with ease, launching past me. I didn't even see her cut me, but blood spurted out of my body all of a sudden.

"How-How are you still this strong?" I asked her

"You see, after I lost Omegaα, I realized I was weaker than before and asked myself, How do I fight? But then I realized, I should embrace a demonic side," She told me.

A demonic side. Then again, I did feel a weird aura coming from her, and her face looked like it shifted during that attack, so she is telling the truth.

"To be honest, I still don't fully understand my power since I was just a mere vessel, but now that I've begun to moom, I can't stop." She mentioned

I spun my staff around quickly and began to speak to her, saying, "Even if you use the power of the gods or a demonic power, I will not yield to you. I can't."

Mumei-senpai nodded. "You are a difficult woman," she laughed.

I didn't know what that meant-she was being offensive. I wish she wasn't so beautiful; otherwise, I would blast her head off.

"Those are some interesting thoughts you have about me," She giggled.

"Wait...you can read minds!" I yelled

"Correct, it is a power I learned a little while ago," She stated.

This isn't good. I always think about what I'm going to do as a means of attack, but if she can read my mind, then what do I do? How do I surprise her with an attack?

All of a sudden I understood that I just needed to think about how beautiful and sexy she is, and that would make it so she couldn't read me like a book!

"You realize now that won't work, right?" Mumei-senpai asked

"It's still worth a shot," I replied.

"Well, if we are going to fight, I suppose I will try out the power I absorbed from Omega as well." Mumei-senpai stated

"What power have you absorbed?" I said

She began to power up, and the sheer amount of energy she was secreting made me shake in my boots. She is too powerful. "Here I come," She said.

As she flew at me, she suddenly stopped, and all of a sudden, blood sprayed out of my back. "Huh," I said, confused by this pain.

"Reine?" Mumei-senpai said she was surprised by her

I looked at Reine-senpai, who was flung up by Zeta-senpai to attack me, and said, "I want you to be our sister as well-I'm sure Kiara would like it as well!" The peafowl stated

"This is preposterous." I growled

Mumei-senpai slammed into me, and we both went hurdling through the area at a fast pace.

"You want freedom, so become our sister; it's not that hard. Even if we can't reduce your sentence, we will break you out. Come on, Nerissa Ravencroft, think for a fucking second!" Mumei-senpai screamed

We slammed into the ground next to Calliope-senpai and struggled there for a moment.

"Please just let me go-I need space!" I yelled

"At least consider our feelings!" She yelled again.

I blasted her upwards with another soundwave and pursued her, only to be stopped by Reine-senpai.

"We have all suffered, so please don't act like you are the only one." The peafowl said

"I want to be your sister, but at the same time, I don't think you can give me the revenge I seek." I snarled

"Revenge..." Reine-senpai sighed

"Take your anger out on me." Mumei-senpai declared

Even though I can't be mad at the two beautiful women before me, I am still mad and still want revenge, so I will take them up on this offer.