Clear Hope

Irys pov: I can't rest. It's difficult for me.

"Irys relax..." Anerys mumbled

I lied back on the couch, feeling a sharp pain. Suddenly, "oww," I hissed in agony.

"What!?" Bae said it with worry.

"It's nothing-don't worry about it," I said.

Amerys began to inspect me and tapped my pressure points gently to "relax." Her tone of voice was threatening yet calming.

"Come on, I can't move when you apply pressure to me," I mumbled.

"That was the point..." Anerys groaned

"Wai, shouldn't you just dislocate her shoulders?" Bae asked

"Shut up!" I yelled

"Well, that is a good idea, but I don't want to hurt my little sister. To be honest, maybe that would be the best-case scenario." Anerys claimed

"Wait," I said in shock.

"What the fuck are you three talking about?" Calli asked as she walked into the room.

"Just about how this girl is going to take a lot of time to rest instead of overworking herself," Anerys said.

Well, how about we put her to sleep?" Calli laughed as she summoned Ricky.

"Ugh-No..." I groaned

What was wrong with her grabbing her scythe? Other than the implications, it is crazy. I don't understand why she would joke like this.

"Let's just relax normally." Bae suggested

"No..." I sighed

I don't know how to relax normally at all. I can't do that. I'm not good at much when it comes to relaxing.

"What and how should I do that?" I asked

Calli sighed. "You don't know how to relax?"

Calli, you are one to talk." I claimed

Calli isn't known to relax; actually, she never does, so it's aggravating when she lectures someone and tries to get them to relax since she doesn't know how to do that herself at all.

Calli, come here!" Kiara called out

"Oh, this is where I head out, Irys. Please make sure you get proper rest!" Calli said

It is frustrating the amount of pity I'm getting. She really refuses to let me think for myself right now. I have to rest according to everyone.

Ever since I almost exploded, everyone has been getting on my case or acting worried about me when I'm clearly fine. There is nothing wrong with anything I have been doing, and there is no reason why I should have to change it. I can take things at my own pace, and that will be more than enough.

Or maybe it won't be enough. Whoever knows my body will tell me that when I'm not done, it always will. I know my body better than anyone else; after all, it isn't the same as anyone else; they have no idea what is going on with it at all.

"My body is aching." I claimed

"Then relax..." Anerys said

"As I said, I don't know how to do that!" I shouted

Anerys slapped my wrist and poked my cheek. "Liar..." She pointed it out instantly.

I didn't know what she meant by that, but I can't relax.

Honestly, I need to get way stronger. After my performance, I realized that I am not as strong as I had thought.

I trained and trained and trained and trained, trying to hone my skills as much as possible. Unfortunately, nothing has worked.

Both my moms have trained me to make me stronger, but it wasn't enough. Calli helped me train, but it still wasn't enough. My best attack couldn't end things; it did massive damage, but if my ultimate technique can't do anything, then I'll fail.

Actually, Nephilims are kind of interesting," Anerys said.

"Huh?"

"You see, you aren't fully taking advantage of it; you are using surface-level abilities, but you aren't using the full package of purification and corruption." Anerys claimed

Purification and corruption? How do I use concepts like that? How can I manifest them? I clearly don't know.

"Don't worry about anything; just figure it out while you lie down for a little bit. All that needs to be done is rest your body, but your mind can work all it needs to as long as you come up with the idea in the end."

Anerys had a point; she is really smart. "Purification and corruption..." I commented

"Yes?" Bae said with confusion

"Wait, with positive and negative energy, could I potentially make that work?" I asked

Anerys shrugged. "Maybe." She said

It seems like it is similar yet different. I do need to try it out to see what is going to happen with it.

"Irys, don't tell me after you rest you are going to train." Bae mumbled

I glared at the woman and sighed angrily. "I will," I said.

She didn't know what to say about this because I just flat out admitted I am going to train, but she can't blame me; she saw the previous battle where we were all helpless, and this is after we all got stronger tenfold.

"Come on, don't complain about my training," I told her.

"I'm allowed to be mad no matter what you do," she said.

I have no idea what to do about Bae. She is rightfully worried about me, so she doesn't want me to get hurt, but at the same time, we can't just sit by and do nothing. She isn't going to grow and get stronger by sitting down and relaxing.

"Those twins ran circles around us. This isn't fun at all; it's just difficult right now. Calli had to fight practically all alone, and I want to help her next time. And then, as I kept bringing up Omega, he kept beating us. Kiara is the only one other than Mumei who stands a chance. This is different than before. We have to be serious about everything."

Anerys smiled. I'm happy to see you be serious," she told me.

I'm always serious, but at the time, I don't know what is coming over me. I just need to focus on what is in front of me.