Why Hope Fails

Irys pov: Why do I always come up short in battles? It makes no sense. I always seem to lose fights. For starters, when I fought Ayame-senpai, I lost that battle pretty badly, I'd say, even though she was impressed by me.

I clashed with the masked woman, and I could tell she was impressed with my dual-wielding

"One angel blade and one devil blade, eh?" The woman said

"Yeah, aren't they strong?" I asked the woman, who nodded

"My blades are just normal. I'm going to slice you up and take them for myself," the woman stated.

"Eh, you don't seem like the serious type." I said

"Oh, I'm not in a bad mood since I can't find someone for Choco-sensei," the woman said.

"Wait, you know Choco-sensei?" I asked

"Ah, you do?" She asked

"Who the hell are you?" I asked

The girl giggled a bit and reached up, grabbing her mask, and pretended to pull it off, but she didn't. She was just mocking me.

"Call me Kijin Hyakki," she said softly. I looked at her and let out a sharp sigh. Her name was clearly fake, but I wasn't going to complain.

"Tell me who you are hunting," I demanded, and the woman laughed at me.

"So vulgar..." She giggled, "If you want to know, then beat me!" She yelled

This woman was fast and strong. Maybe the strongest person I've faced up until now-at least the strongest that isn't a godly figure

No matter how fast I swung my blades, she dodged them, and suddenly, after I missed one attack, she appeared behind me and slashed me. Blood sprayed out of my front as some wounds reopened, and I fell to the ground.

I made Bae have to step in for me...

And then afterwards I had to fight on my own and failed agian...

"Come on, show us your true nature!" I yelled

"You are aware that I'm not a serious girl, and you know you are weaker than I am, so why are you fighting?" The woman asked

"Now it's for revenge for what you did to Calli!" I responded

"Oh the pink-haired reaper, she brought this fate upon herself. This was her doing," the masked woman commented.

I stood up and ran at her, trying to slash her once again, but she did a quick sidestep and tripped me, causing me to tumble and fall. She stood on top of me with a blade pointed at my forehead.

"Give up...." She said

"No!" I scoffed

"Then perish..." She said this in a joking manner as she lowered her blade.

She was sent flying soon after, though as Towa stood there, she almost passed out from the pain she was in.

"You weren't supposed to stand up!" Kanata scolded

"I know, but I was worried..." Towa coughed

"Damn it....." I hissed as more of my wounds opened up and I fell to the ground again. The pain I was in was immeasurable, but I needed to stop suffering.

"You need to understand your limits." The masked woman said briefly:

I came to a quick realization that this masked woman wasn't trying to kill us. She had an anterior motive; it was faint, but I could sense Calli, so she wasn't completely gone. But why would she let Calli be able to return?

"What is your goal?" I asked

"Fine, I will tell you I'm looking for a vampire. Her name is Mel. I'm searching because Choco-sensei wants to see her again." The masked woman said

"That's not the reason, masked girl... I told her

"Didn't I tell you to call me Kijin Hyakki?" The woman sighed.

"That is definitely an alias. " I said

"And what if it is?" The woman asked

"What the fuck are you hiding?" Coco-senpai asked

"Nothing really," the woman sighed.

Bae began to get up, but I sent her a glare that made her start to play dead once again. I bit my lip and prepared to fight once again, but I was stopped by my mom.

"I just want to talk and end things without a fight," the masked woman said.

"I have nothing to talk to you about!" I yelled

"Well, that's a shame since I am trying to help you," the masked woman stated.

"How are you helping us?" Bae shouted

"No stop, Bae!" I wheezed

"You need to see, so be patient and just listen to what I have to say." The masked woman stated

"Why would we!?" Bae asked

"Stop...." I demanded

Bae looked at me in shock, but she decided to bite her tongue and just listen since she didn't have the strength to fight back.

"You all need to get stronger since you are easily beatable, so I want to help, but clearly you don't want my help," the woman commented.

"You could help us in a less violent way," I commented.

"Of course I could, but then you wouldn't get stronger," the masked woman laughed.

"You are the weak one!" Bae yelled

"What?" The masked woman sighed.

"You are weak, Kijin Hyakki!" Bae yelled

"Who? "Wait that's me!" The woman giggled.

The blood mist began to clear as a figure began to form behind the masked woman. They swung something, which the woman had to dodge.

"So you are finally awake, huh?" The masked woman asked

"Shut the fuck up." "I don't know what you did, but my body feels better than ever," the figure said.

The mist finally vanished, revealing Calli, who was perfectly fine. "I won't lose," she said.

"Let's hope not..." the girl laughed as they got ready for battle.

Calli had to step in for me and fight. I'm embarrassed that I couldn't do anything to stop this from happening. I was supposed to win, but I didn't. I lost instead.

I need to become stronger, or Bae will leave me for Miori. I know she will leave me.

I lost against Omegaα twice, FuwaMoco once, and Ayame-senpai once. I can't keep losing.