Longing For Attention

Irys pov: I began to train with Anerys once again since Bae wants to spend more time with Miori and would rather spend time with her than me, her soon-to-be wife.

huff... huff... huff... I continued to pant harder and harder as my older sister glared at me, her look stabbing into mine.

"Irys, take a break," she demanded.

"No..." I said as I got up, Bae didn't even look at me.

"What do you mean, no!?" Anerys asked

"If I don't push myself, then I'll never get stronger, and besides, if I get seriously hurt, Bae will have to pay attention to me," I said.

I stood up and grabbed my twin blades off the ground. I sprinted at her, only for her to dodge my slash. "Too slow," she said.

Okay, I'll pick up the pace then."I shouted

I rushed toward her, slashing as fast as I possibly could. "Still too slow!" She yelled

I'll get you this time!" I declared

Again, I tried to slice her up, but she dodged with relative ease, saying, "Put your back into it!" She said

"Fine!" I yelled and firmly planted my feet to the ground, but all of a sudden I felt my legs begin to give out, "Wha-what?"

"Irys!!!" Anerys yelled as she stabbed me in the stomach on accident.

"Grn..." I growled as I clutched my stomach in pain.

"Sorry, Irys, I know I said you needed to forget about your body's limits. You are holding yourself back. Your potential is limitless with wielding demonic and angelic powers, but you are squandering it by not resting!"

I was told this by my sister. "I know," I growled. "Let's do this again, damn it!" I yelled

"Stio it," Anerys stated.

"Nephlim Halo..." I stated that I felt lightheaded all of a sudden as the halo appeared above my head.

It immediately broke, and I fell forward, slamming into the wall. "Owww..."

"Irys, you can do it!" Bae said calmly

Bae made me upset; she was concerned before, and now this worry seems apathetic.

"You care about Miori more than me," I claimed.

"Not true, I just have to pay attention to Miori to equate for the time we spent apart!" Bae said

"Pfft... that makes zero sense, but then again, you always have had an odd way of thinking," Anerys laughed.

"Let's fight Miori!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"Don't strain your vocal cords!" Anerys said

Miori ignored me, so I have to turn back to fighting Anerys.

"I will end you with this one attack." I said confidently:

"Fine, you better not disappoint me; I trust you!" Anerys said

I flew forward, and the two of us clashed. Anerys let out a gut-wrenching sigh.

"You didn't finish me off with that attack." She mumbled

I felt my body erupt and looked down. She poked twelve holes into my body in an instant. I wasn't ready to fight her at all. I fell to the ground, only to get back up.

"Irys, you need to focus more on your demonic side; you are neglecting it too much, but at the same time, you are too mad," Anerys said.

I nodded, knowing that I had to do that.

But if I lose myself, then what will happen if I use one of the sides too much? It will make me more of an angel or a devil than before. Anerys didn't seem to care that I was bleeding out as long as I stood back up and got ready to fight again. However, she was a little worried about things.

"Anerys, why aren't you stopping her?" Bae asked, and I could tell she wanted me to rest so she wouldn't have to watch me.

Anerys tilted her head to the side. "Listen here, rat. I'm a doctor. I wouldn't hurt my little sister too," she said.

"Bae, just stay out of this. If you aren't going to pay attention to me, go talk to Miori and just kiss her or whatever," I panted.

"Fine..." Bae mumbled

Anerys wiped the hair out of her face and glared at me. All of a sudden, I shot past her. She looked in front of herself, confused as to where I went. Blood spewed out of her shoulder, and she realized I speed-blitzed her.

"Good job I didn't even see you!" Anerys said

"To be honest, I don't think I could possibly do that again," I said.

"You are going to have to do so; if not, then you won't get stronger; you'll just keep losing and losing," Anerys said.

"You're right, but at the same time, consistency doesn't come fast," I said.

"Neither do I," Bae said with a wink.

"Yes, you do, but enough about you; this is all about me," I stated.

"Don't call me out like that!" Bae yelled

"Pfft. You really picked a decent girlfriend." Anerys laughed

"Don't mock me!" Bae yelled

"Well, what are you going to do if you aren't here training to get stronger? Kiss Miori?" Anerys said.

"I'm in council; shut up!" Bae yelled

"What the hell is council? I've never heard of it," Anerys said.

It's really nothing else; it's a group of goddesses or concepts I don't know; all that matters is that I'm part of it," I said.

"Well, I'm sure council is cool," Anerys said.

Yes, we are, but the reason I need to get stronger is because there is someone trying to eliminate council, also because I want to beat Miori" I said.

Well, there are a lot of things that are going to happen soon, so you need to be ready right now," Anerys stated.

"I know..." I told her.

I'm always ready for what will come next, but at the same time, I'm not really

Bae seemed oddly fired up all of a sudden. I wonder what is going to happen.

I want to beat Miori, and I will defeat her soon. I just have to get stronger enough to beat her.

I pulled Bae over to me and deeply kissed her before pushing me away.

She is my motivation after all...