90 Days | Jenlisa

Chapter 1 - Lalisa Manoban

*Lisa's POV*

"Please help," I said in almost a whisper.

I don't know how long I had been trapped in this room. It's dark and cold. I have been banging on the door and begging to let me out for God knows how long. I am getting scared, and I feel hungry and tired.

"Please let me out," I said with every strength left in me and banged on the door one more time. I am sure all the students and teachers must have gotten home by now. I was hoping at least the night guard would show up, but so far, I have been out of luck. My eyes were getting blurry, and I almost passed out when I finally saw some light. The night guard, Mr. Choi, found me. I stumbled upon my feet and somehow managed to stand up. I could hear him yelling at me, but I was so tired to put his voice into words.

I managed to pick up my stuff and get to where I parked my bicycle, but they punctured the tires again Today.

Those idiots!

I wanted to curse them out loud at the top of my lungs, but I was still at the school premises. My house is only 20 minute walk from my school, but I don't think I will be able to make it there. The last bus must have already left, but I could still get a cab at this hour, but the problem is: I am out of cash. I am too broke to afford it. I sat on my knees for a while, contemplating Today's events, and then went to the washing area near the parking lot. I drank some water from there and washed my face.

That feels somewhat better.

I could feel my eyes getting heavy, not because of the tiredness but the tears I had been holding back. Why does this keep happening? Why me? Only me. I stared at the sky. It was a beautiful view -- the full round moon, accompanied by a pack of stars.

I should feel happy, but why does it hurt? Why do I feel like I want to cry?

I headed home with the small energy I regained from the pipe water. I honestly don't know how I managed to get home. With every step, I felt like I was going to pass out. As soon as I opened the door, Love jumped onto me. I was about to fall down, but thanks to the door handle.

"Hey, Boy. You missed me?" I asked, stroking his head. He whimpered. "I am sorry for being late. I had some urgent work to do." I lied. It might not have mattered to tell him the truth, but I felt like he would be sad to know that I get bullied at school.

I found Love two months ago near the convenience store I work for. He is a Dobermann, and I am guessing he's around seven months old. I didn't want to take him with me at first, but somewhere he reminded me of myself, so I just couldn't leave him. He knows my schedule, when I go to school, what days I have work, and how long I stay out, so he acts all panicky when I get late, even by a minute. He must have been worried and hungry as well. It was somewhat of a new feeling for me to come home to someone. For the past few years, I got used to living alone, and now having him with me was kind of strange yet soothing at the same time.

I changed off my uniform, which stank of sweat and got into my T-shirt and shorts. It's a bit torn here and there but still usable. I fed Love and made instant Ramen for me. By the time I finished the dishes, it was very late, and Love had already fallen asleep. I knew I should also go to bed, but I still had schoolwork left to finish. Being in the junior year of high school is not easy, especially when you are on a scholarship. I used to be a straight-A student, but nowadays, I am barely managing to keep my scholarship.

I sat in front of the night table and turned on my phone.

58 messages from Boss!

Oh god, I am done for this time. I work at a convenience store around the corner from my house. I have been working there for almost a year now. The last time I missed a shift, my Boss, Mr. Lee, let me go with a warning. He is not a bad person, but he's scary, and let's just say we are not on great terms. Sometimes he is super nice and even allows me to take food stuff home, which we can no longer sell, but other times he keeps picking on me like the pricks at my school. But I should say he's better than them as he was the only one who helped me with a job when no one else did. It's not that the job pays much; at least it helps me with my bills and feeds me two times a day. And now, I sure am in trouble this time.