The Start [Chapter 2]

Darkness, there is nothing but darkness around me. I look around but I can't see anything.

"SUBMIT!"

Something yells.

What is this.

"GIVE IN TO ME!"

It yells.

I can't talk. Why can't I talk?!

"GIVE IN KID! I'M STRONGER THAN YOU!"

It yells one last time before I jerk up in my bed in a cold sweat.

"What was that about?"

I mumble under staggered breathes. I look at my clock.

6:50 am. The bus should be here in 10 minutes.

I stand up and quickly throw on my clothes. I quickly grab my bag and run downstairs. I grab a poptart quickly and eat it. I run out to the bus and jump on it. I quickly walk back to the back seat and sit down. After a few minutes of just sitting there because I forgot my music then I see Aziria walk onto the bus. She walks back and sits next to me again.

"Hey."

I say to her.

"Hi."

She says back quietly.

Well I'm making progress with talking to her.

We don't talk much after that. When we get to school she quickly gets off the bus and runs inside. I shrug and slowly walk in. As I walk in a kid stands out. He has long grey hair and a suit on. I notice he's standing by Dillan Cage.

Hm, I'm gonna go talk to them.

I think to myself as I walk over to them. I lightly tap his shoulder from behind. He quickly turns around and throws a punch. I jump back away from him narrowly avoiding getting hit.

What the hell is his problem.

"OH, sorry kid, thought you might've been someone else."

He says calmly. Dillan pinches his neck and sighs.

"Man, I don't want you in ISS again."

Dillan says calmly. I notice that the grey haired kid is wearing a black sword on a necklace.

This guy, he almost hit me. And that was a pretty good right hook.

I stare at them and then the grey haired kid steps forward and extends his hand.

"You can call me Zero."

He says with a smile. I shake his hand

"I'm Kai, nice swing."

I say. He smiles

"I fight alot."

All of a sudden the antisocial kid from my homeroom that I sat by walks up and stares at us. He laughs and looks at Zero.

"Well you did take a baseball bat to half the football team and got ISS for an entire school year."

He says while lightly chuckling.

What the hell is wrong with this kid. He beat up the football team with a baseball bat!

Zero quickly kisses Dillans cheek

"I'm gonna go to homeroom now."

Oh he's gay. I won't judge but I might need to keep my distance from him.