Special Day [Chapter 18]

As I wake up I notice everyone has left my room.

Guess they went home.

I think to myself as I get out of bed and look at myself. My clothes are ripped up and my pants are torn from the knee down.

"Great, pff"

I say to myself as I change into another pair of black pants and a black and white striped shirt, throwing my damaged clothes into a garbage can. I slowly open my door while I rub my neck and walk into the bathroom. I stare at myself in the mirror and notice I have a few minor cuts on my face and on my shoulder.

Eh, it's not that bad.

I think as I remember about how powerful Velon was.

His mission was Rukia? Did he get sent here to kill her?

I think to myself as I wash off my hands and splash cold water on my face to wake myself up more. I grab a hand towel and dry off my face then walk down to the kitchen. As I walk in I see Aziria, Zero, Anix, my mom, Vic, Rukia, Raycar, and Zen jump out from behind counters and furniture.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

They all yell and I jump back.

Is today really my birthday? Damn, I'm losing track of days with all that's been happening the past week. Wait, how do they know? I never told them.

I think to myself as Rukia runs up and hugs me. Zero walks up and puts hit hand on my shoulder.

"Well, nice to know that you managed to survive 17 years."

He says with a smile. I squint and stare at him.

"I'm sorry, how did any of you know today was my birthday? I've never known most of you till this week!"

I mumble. Zero laughs and Aziria walks up.

"Oh, Rukia told us."

Aziria says with a smile. I slowly look at Rukia and stare at her.

"Why did you tell them today was my birthday?"

I ask Rukia. She shrugs and smiles. Then I look back to Zero.

"And how come every time we have a battle and you get seriously hurt, you somehow heal extremely quick?!"

I ask Zero. He points at Aziria.

"She heals me, she can heal people after all."

He says. She laughs and smiles.

"Yea yea, I can heal."

She says laughing. I blankly stare at everyone.

Why is everyone being so friendly?

I think to myself. Rukia walks away for a moment as Zen walks up and frowns at me.

"What's your problem?"

I ask him. He closes his eyes and replies.

"I have no clue how a weakling like you survived 17 years."

I stare at him for a moment.

"Says the guy who got knocked out by Velon."

I say with a smirk. He jolts his eyes open and gets in my face.

"I didn't get knocked out! I got bored so I fell asleep!"

He says while gritting his teeth. I roll my eyes.