Unexpected Power [Chapter 28]

We all ready our swords and jump back as Velon rushes toward us and Vexx runs away. He swings at my blade. I stop his attack and knock his blade back slightly but he quickly recovers and dodges to the left of my sword. He swings toward my ribs but Raycar blocks his attack from hitting me.

Zero and Yokun jump over Raycar and attack Velon. Velon easily dodges everything. Velon jumps back as energy gathers in the air around him. He points toward us and blue energy appears at the tip of his finger. I can feel the ground shaking from the amount of energy at his finger tip. He smiles as all the energy discharges from his finger in the form of a large beam. Raycar and Yokun jump to the right of the attack, while me and Zero dodge to the left.

After a few moments the energy attack is done. We see the energy blast cut through several miles of the forest. Whatever the energy touched, seemingly is now dust. I feel a sudden surge of sadness and depression hit me. I fall to one knee shaking my head trying to regain my composure. I hear a voice in the back of my head.

"Let me have control."

It says as I feel overwhelming power. As I stand up I see my skin is almost glowing white. My hair falls down in front of my face. My hair is black as midnight. I try to move but my body won't respond to my command.

W-what is going on here?!

I think as I feel my body move without thought.

I'm not in control of my body.

I think. I try to speak but it's no good.

"Don't worry boy, I will let you have your body back in a moment."

The voice says in the back of my head again. I suddenly hear myself say.

"Raycar, Yokun, Zero! Get out of here, this guy is mine."

I growl.

W-what, no, I don't want to fight this guy!

I think as I suddenly appear at Velon and kick him through a tree. I hear everyone running away behind me as I point my sword at Velon.

"Ok kid, you can have control again, show this brat our power."

I hear the voice say in the back of my head again. I feel my body start responding to my command. I feel my energy surging through my body. Velon jumps from the trees and swings his blade at me. I duck under it and kick him in the knee. He drops down to his other knee while I jump back.

He frowns and shakes his head as he stands up. I jump toward him and swing Nirioki at his ribs. He brings up sword and blocks my attack, but the force behind my swing throws him through an acre of woods. I spin my blade around then swing it at him. In an instant several miles of trees are ripped apart by the energy exerted from my blade. I stare at my blade and hand in confusion.

What is this power?

I think as I stick my blade in the ground. Velon suddenly appears in front of me. He has to black streaks coming from his eyes to his chin and his eyes are black with white pupils.

"Kid, your pushing your luck."

He growls  when he appears at me and swings his sword. I pop my sword from the ground and narrowly block his attack. We both get knocked back several hundred feet from the impact. The shockwave from our blades hitting leveled several hundred feet of the woods in every direction. As I stand up I see a crater where our blades met. I see him stand up far away from me. I suddenly see green lighting discharging from all over Velon's body.

I feel my skin become cold as ice and shards of ice start forming on my sword.

This power, what is this?

I think, Velon suddenly appearing at me and swinging his sword. I bring up my blade and block him. As his blade meets mine his blade freezes solid. He jumps back as his sword falls to the ground and shatters. He grits his teeth and pulls a small dagger from his back pocket. I start feeling the air getting cold. I notice trees are freezing solid and cracking. Velon's breath is getting shaky as his body cools down.

He suddenly starts running toward me and swings his dagger. The dagger shatters from the cold before it reaches me. I easily step back to avoid him as he trips on ice. He stands up and growls.

"When did you get this strong?!"

He yells. I look at Nirioki then at him.

"Just now, I really don't know what this power is. My inner demon, or maybe angel, helped me."

I say as I swing my sword and freeze almost a mile of the woods solid. I immediately follow up by cleaving my blade down to the ground. The impact of my sword on the ground shatters everything that's frozen so far. I look around but I don't see Velon. I suddenly see him stand up from a pile of ice 30 feet away from me.

He's shaking from the cold. He growls and teleports away. I feel his presence completely vanish from the area. I feel my energy return to normal as my hair turns back white. I draw my energy from Nirioki and it goes back to its knife form. I feel the air is freezing but it quickly heats up. I feel a sharp pain go through my stomach up to my chest.

I fall to one knee and gasp for air. I see Zero, Raycar, and Yokun running back to me through the trees. Zero gets to me first. I see his lips moving but I don't hear him talking. The sharp pain grows and extends through my body.

What's going on?

I think as I feel my body go numb. I blink and I see myself being carried up my steps to my room. I blink again and I see Vic, Aziria, Zero, Anix, and Raycar standing around me. I try to sit up but I feel pain shoot through my body. I lay still and breathe slowly.

"Why does my body hurt so much?"

I ask. Aziria stares at me.

"You went into your second release, but it was a dark form. Dark forms push your body more."

She says.

"Oh. That makes sense."

I reply sarcastically as I close my eyes and relax. I open my eyes and I see everyone is leaving except for Zero and Aziria.

"Don't worry Kai, you're gonna be ok."

Zero says as he sits down.

Yea, I hope so. Why didn't my inner being tell me about the draw back?

I think as I start to dose off again.