Make Up Work [Chapter 22]

After a while of sitting down catching our breath Zero, Vic, and Zen wake up. As Zen sits up and sees us he rolls his eyes then stands up and walks away.

"I didn't need your help."

He says while walking away.

I swear, I will drag him back to hell.

I think as I stare at him. Zero shakes his head and pulls a watch out of his pocket.

"Well, we're late for school."

He says.

SCHOOL!?

I think, sigh to myself.

I haven't been to school in several days.

I stand up and take off running.

"I'm goin to school!"

I yell at everyone while I run back towards school. When I arrive, I see the clock.

It's only 9 am, I haven't slept in a while and I'm exhausted but I can't fail my junior year of highschool.

I think, hastily walking into the school.

Wait, what was my second class again?

I think for a moment.

That's right! It's biology 2.

I think as I quickly get to class. Mr. Campbell looks at me as I open the door.

"Kai, you're late."

He says as he points to my seat.

"Sorry, overslept."

I reply as I quickly get to my seat. As I sit down the student behind me taps my shoulder. I look over my shoulder and see a girl holding a note, doing her work and not looking at me. I take the note and open it.

"You're such a loser. From all of the school."

Yeah, yeah, whatever.

I quickly roll my eyes then crumple it up and throw it away. After a slow class period I walk out into the hallway and see everyone staring at me. A guy walks up to me and pushes me back.

"You wanna fight? Keep acting cool like that and I'll kick your ass."

He says while pushing me. I laugh lightly.

"Does being late mean I'm cool? Because that seems pretty backwards to me."

I reply, the man quickly getting agitated. He throws a punch at me and I easily dodge and kick him in the ribs and knock him onto the ground. As he slowly gets up with the help of a few football players he points at me.

"Get him!"

He yells as several football players run toward me. I count them as their running.

7, that's all?

I think as I kick the guy in front in the head then he falls to the ground. The others try to jump on me but I do a simple back flip away from them when they all hit the ground then quickly stand up. They stare at me for a moment. They start backing away as everyone in the hallway stares at me. I smile and stare at the guy that originally pushes me.

"Kai, we would beat you up, but we have better things to do! Let's go guys."

Man, if I didn't know any better, I'd think I was in some weird show where the bullies mentality makes zero sense.