Creatures [Chapter 19]

As I hold the door shut I breathe heavily and try not to think about what I just saw. I see Zero sit up and look at me.

"What's wrong man? You look like you just saw a zombie or something."

He says jokingly as he stands up and walks over to me.

"There's a thing outside."

I say quietly.

"A thing, huh? Very descriptive."

He replies, pushing me out of the way and opening the door. He blankly stares at the girl with black sockets for eyes and the wide bleeding smile. He looks at me.

"This? This thing? It scared you?"

He asks while looking back at the creature.

"Y-yea."

I reply. He sighs and pokes the creatures forehead.

"It's a soul less demon. We call them Husks."

He says. I stare at him.

Husks?

I think to myself as I look back at the creature.

"They don't want to hurt anything, all they can do is just walk around. They're harmless, Kai. And humans can't see them."

He says as he puts his palm on the Husks forehead. A small wave of energy discharges from his palm and the Husk turns to dust and blows away in the gentle breeze. He closes the door and rubs the back of his neck.

"You shouldn't be worried about the Husks, Kai. You should be worried about whatever ate it's soul."

He says as he walks to the coffee table and grabs his sword pendant from it. He puts it on and wakes up Raycar, Rukia, and Vic. They all slowly wake up and stretch. When they all are fully awake they start walking out the door waving bye and smiling. I wave back and smiles lightly. I see my mom's still asleep and I decide to just walk outside for some air.

I open the door I notice all the street lights are busted down the street.

That's weird.

I think to myself as I walk down the street a little. I hear footsteps behind me and I quickly turn around. I see a husk aimlessly wandering around.

Another one?

I think to myself as I turn around and keep walking. As I get to the end of the street near the corner, I hear whispering around me.

What's going on?

I think to myself as I reach into my pocket.

Damn, I forgot to grab Nirioki.

I think to myself as I start to turn around. As I turn around I see a demon standing 10 feet away from me smiling.

"I want your soul next."

It says laughing. I take a step back and stare at it.

Great, and I don't have my sword to kill this thing.

I think to myself as the demon starts running toward me. I ready myself for a fist fight. As it gets toward me it summons a sword from energy and swings sideways at me. I narrowly duck under it and kick the demon in the knee. It goes down to one knee and I jump on top of it.

I start delivering punch after punch straight to its face. After hammering on it for several minutes I see it's energy sword has vanished. I stand up and stomp on its stomach and it coughs up black blood. I stare down at it then I start walking away.