The Hunters Real Mission [Chapter 17]

As I jump toward him and swing he stops my blade with one hand and looks at some trees behind me. He throws me aside and points his blade toward the trees. As I hit the ground, I see Raycar jump from the tree line and rush toward Velon. Raycar jumps up to him and throws a kick. Velon easily ducks under it and jumps back as I see Jinna walk from the tree line while holding her blade.

Raycar is jumping all around Velon, keeping all his attention on him. Jinna runs up to help Raycar but Velon teleports away. Raycar jumps back beside Jinna as they both start looking all around them trying to find Velon. I look up and see him in another tree staring at Jinna and Raycar. Raycar spots Velon first and points him out to Jinna. Jinna holds her blade above her head and closes her eyes.

"RELEASE!"

She yells as green energy swirls around her. As the energy slowly absorbs into her, I see the only thing that has changed about her is that her hair is now longer, but still green. She suddenly jumps up and swings at Velon. He ducks under the blade then kicks Jinna in the stomach, which launches her back to where she was. She stands up and looks at him. He just stands in the tree watching all of us. Anix suddenly appears right beside him and swings his wrist blades.

Velon blocks one of the wrist blades but the other wrist blade slips past Velon's blade. Anix get close to Velon's face before Velon jumps away to avoid injury.

So this is how powerful hunters are.

I think to myself as I get my blade ready. I close my eyes and concentrate in summoning all my power.

RELEASE!

I think to myself as my eyes open and energy rushes all around me.

This is stronger than it was earlier.

I think as I pop my neck. I notice my two tails are back.

I'm in my second release.

I think to myself as I teleport to Velon and swing my sword down on him. He narrowly jumps out of the way as I cut through the branch he was standing on. He stares at me and lands on a branch twenty feet in front of me. I swing my blade sideways and send out a ripping wave of high velocity wind that shreds almost a mile of the woods.

Did I get him?

I think to myself as I look for him. He appears right at me and throws a kick at me. I block it with my sword as he jumps back away from me. He smiles at me, then I notice his blades not on him.

Where is his sword?

I think to myself as he steps back into the dust and smoke cloud created by my attack. Out of the smoke a streak of lighting shoots toward me. I narrowly dodge it as I jump to the left of it. As I regain my balance after being suprised by the lightining he appears right at me and kicks me in the face. The kick knocks me to the ground and I slide on my back. As I start to get up, he jumps from the tree with his sword in his hand and stabs it toward me.

With quick thinking I bring my sword up to block it. His sword meets mine and sparks erupt from the contact. I'm holding my sword with all my power as he is pushing the end of his blade against mine. He stares me in the eyes as Raycar runs toward him and throws a punch. Velon leans back to avoid the punch then does a side flip and kicks Raycar right under the chin. the kick knocks Raycar back ten feet.

Velon quickly puts his focus back on me and smiles. He mumbles.

"Diago."

Eergy starts emanating from his blade. The energy is blue and has a heavy feel to it. I roll to my feet and ready my sword. He swings his sword and I block. He smiles as his blade keeps moving, as though my sword isn't even there. My sword get knocked from my hands and I jump back. I jump back and he lunges after me. He thrusts his blade toward my throat. I duck and roll away from him and as I turn around he swings at me again.

Damnit, nowhere to go!

I think as I pull my arms up and close my eyes. I hear a sharp sound a second later that sounds like someone blocked his sword with their sword. I open my eyes and see Rukia standing in front of me.

"R-rukia."

I mumblw with wide eyes. I notice she blocked his sword with a giant scythe. She holds up her palm toward him.

"Vanish from my sight!"

She yells as a blast of purple and black energy fires from her palm ripping apart 2 miles of land. Velon suddenly appears several feet to the left of her as she lifts her scythe and put it in her shoulder. Velon stares at Rukia with a nasty expression and a evil glare.

"Finally drew you out huh, Rukia!"

He says as he jumps up and brings his sword down on her. She easily blocks with her scythe then pushes him back. As I look around I notice everyone is gone except for Vic and Zen, and Vic is carrying Zen away from the battlefield.

I guess Vic got everyone to safety so they wouldn't be hurt by this fight anymore. But where is Raycar and Jinna?

I think to myself as I look around. I turn back and see Velon stick his blade in its sheath.

"You were my mission, Rukia. But you took so long to show up. Sorry, that I can't play longer, I do have other missions that I need to do. I can come after you whenever I want, but it is nice that I've evaluated your power. Next time, I'll have the edge."

Velon says as he vanishes. Rukia's scythe suddenly glows purple then absorbs into her. She turns and looks at me. She walks up to me and slaps me.

"Why would you even attempt to fight a hunter!? You would've been dead if I hadn't shown up!"

Rukia says as she stares at me. Before I can speak she hugs me tightly.

"But I'm glad you're ok."

She says. All of a sudden all my power drains out of me and my tails turn to ash.

Damn, used to much energy.

I think as I fall onto the ground and stare at the sky.

This hurts.

I think as I feel my heart hurt every time it beats. I black out and when I wake up I'm at my house in my room and Zero, Zen, Anix, and Raycar are sitting and laying on the floor around my bed. As I sit up I look at the calendar across from my bed, then my clock.

It's 1 am..September 26...there's something special about today, but I can't seem to remember what it is.

I think as Zero stands up and lays his hand on my shoulder.

"We put up a good fight, but man that guy was tough."

He says as he pats my shoulder then lays back down in the floor.

Why are they in the floor? Maybe it's comfy or something...no, it's something else. And why is Zero being nice?

I lay back down.

My body, still hurts, I'm exhausted.

I think to myself as I fall back asleep quickly.